Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Milton Keynes, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Placement Scheme - Software Development Roles - Start Summer 2019173402BR
Job Description Job Description Placement : The best thing – you can make your mark on the business world and focus on the commercial side of IBM.
What you’ll do – you’ll get involved in virtually every stage of either developing new solutions or supporting and improving existing ones.
Most of our roles are based in IBM Hursley, near Winchester, the largest software lab in Europe. We do have 1-2 roles in our other software labs in Bristol, Southbank, Manchester, Cambridge and Milton Keynes but the majority of our roles will be based in Hursley.
What we look for:
- You should be interested in taking a year out as part of your degree and to be on target for at least a 2:1 in your honours degree.
- You must also be in your penultimate year of study and be authorised to work in the UK for the whole placement.
- Whilst you don’t need a specific degree background to apply, you do need to be enthusiastic, with plenty of energy and passion for the areas of our business that you’re applying for. Never fear, if you haven’t studied business or IT, we’re all about the person, not about their background.
- University Placements are for a minimum of 1 year and must form part of your degree - normally prior to the final year of study.
- The 2019 start dates for the University placement are 10th June 2019 and 8th July 2019.
These are run at IBM Hursley only and will take place on the following dates.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You should be interested in taking a year out as part of your degree.
- You must be on target for at least a 2:1 in your honours degree.
- You must also be in your penultimate year of study.
- An interest in technology and how it can change business.
None, please select 'No' from below.
Authorisation to work in the UK for the duration of the placement (without sponsorship).
Early Professional Track
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- in Milton Keynes, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1911