- Chorley, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 165.0 per week
Food Technology/Food and Nutrition Teacher - Chorley: January 2019
An Ofsted rated 'Good' secondary school in Chorley are seeking a qualified Teacher of Food Technology/Food and Nutrition. The department are looking for a teacher who is experienced teaching at GCSE level. The role is due to start in January 2019 and is expected to continue until the Summer term.
- Food Technology/Food and Nutrition Teacher
- Full Time
- Pay £100-£165 per day (depending on experience)
- January 2019 start
- NQTs, RQTs and QTS
Food Technology/Food and Nutrition Teacher Role Information:
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lessons to inspire and engage pupils
- Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils' progress and development
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
Food Technology/Food and Nutrition Teacher Requirements:
- Have a Bachelor of Education, PGCE or UK recognised equivalent teaching qualification
- Experienced at teaching GCSE Food - ideally familiar/experienced with Eduqas GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Specification (alternatively this course but with a different exam board).
- Motivated to teach a demanding timetable at GCSE/KS3 and in the knowledge that the NEA2 will need completing plus revision for Y11
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £100-£165 per day
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you are interested in applying and would like to hear more, then please send your CV in response to this advert and contact Laura Porter on
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A team with over 50 years combined Education and Recruitment experience, providing short to long-term Teaching and Support Staff opportunities in London schools and beyond.
At Veritas, we firmly believe that one thing that the Recruitment sector and the Education sector have in common is that they are both 100% focused on people. Within
- Recruitment & HR
- in Chorley, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2015