You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Cambridge, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to help solve hard problems that will shape the future of the Internet of Things, smart homes, connected health and wearables?
Are you passionate about testing and understand how testing fits into a rapid and iterative development lifecycle?
Do you want to apply that passion to delivering state of the art, creative, internet-scale digital services?
Are you happiest when working within multi-disciplinary agile teams?
If the answer to the above is yes, then we want to hear from you.
As a test engineer, working in an agile scrum team, you will deliver top-notch solutions for our clients that make a real difference to people. Think: therapeutic connected devices that treat brain injury patients. Smart heating systems. Configuration interfaces for networks of wireless robots.
You’ll get to work with teams of test engineers, front-end developers, user experience and service designers, mathematicians, software engineers and DevOps engineers.
You will work with technical leaders and the latest technologies to evolve our approach to software testing for distributed cloud-based systems and help to coach test and software engineers to improve the quality of testing activities at all levels.
Most of all, you’ll have fun!
- Understand when and how to use a broad range of testing techniques and approaches.
- Competency in automating software tests at a unit, component or Graphical User Interface level
- Familiarity with one or more programming and scripting languages
- Experience performing exploratory testing or other manual black-box testing techniques
- Ability to investigate issues at a code level through reading, executing and writing code
- A clear grasp of the principles of security and performance testing
- Ability to use testing skills to analyse requirements as well as software
Ideally you have a good degree in a relevant technical discipline and knowledge / experience of more than one of the following:
- The requirements for testing scalable, distributed cloud-based software
- NodeJS, Golang, Python, Java or .NET (we use NodeJS, Python and Golang)
- The fundamentals of NoSQL, Relational and Graph Databases
- Networking technologies including IPv6, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS
- The DevOps movement and Agile methodologies
- Good salary, based on merit and reviewed annually
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance plan
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Disability insurance plan
- Free canteen - lunches and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
Cambridge Consultants is committed to developing its employees careers and has a flexible policy for individual capabilities and preferences. Promotion is linked to merit.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Cambridge Consultants
For 50 years, Cambridge Consultants has led the way in innovative product development. We are the development partner of choice to many of the world’s leading blue chips as well as the virtual development team for ambitious start up companies.
With offices in Cambridge (UK), Boston (USA) and Singapore we specialise in developing exception
- Technology & IT, Art & Design
- Cambridge, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in
Science Park, Milton Rd, Milton, Cambridge CB4 0DW, UK