You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
EnvironmentPeople join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
MissionDescription of the Business Line or Department
CORI, the Coverage and Investment Banking division of SG CIB, offers a global advisory approach focused on strategic dialogue with clients. Building on long-term relationships based on trust, CORI offers clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Group, with a particular focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities.
CORI's client reach is worldwide with solid local expertise thanks to our platforms in Europe (the UK, Germany, Italy, Iberia and the CEEMEA region), the Americas and Asia.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Ideal opportunity for an Analyst to join an established CORPORATE FINANCE franchise within a leading European Bank in the Power, Utilities and Infrastructure Sector
- The candidate will receive a well rounded perspective of the development of global financial services in this position, and will be joining an award winning team in a hard working but friendly atmosphere
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm with business successes throughout recent years
- The position will be based in London within the CORPORATE FINANCE Power, Utilities and Infrastructure Sector team
- The candidate will be focusing on Power, Utilities and Infrastructure Sector CORPORATE FINANCE, and will be involved in M&A and ECM execution as well as origination of new deals
- Previous relevant experience is desirable
- Assisting in origination of Corporate Finance transactions across the Power, Utilities and Infrastructure Sector sector
- Assisting in execution of Corporate Finance transactions across the Power, Utilities and Infrastructure Sector sector
- Involved in the preparation and pitching of presentations for clients, investors and the broader investment community
- Financial statement analysis and financial modelling
- Company and industry research in the context of the origination and execution of transactions
- Company valuations mainly using market multiples, M&A multiples and the DCF method
- Help develop transaction structures / structured solutions
- Keep up to date about M&A, equity and debt related issues
- Working with other sector, country and products teams as required
- Efficiently supervises interns and owns responsibility of their work
- No delegation of responsibilities.
- Supervision of interns
- Good knowledge of Corporate Finance / M&A
- Strong technical skills
- Good communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Adherence to SG’s values and behaviours
- Strong interest in the Power, Utilities and Infrastructure Sector sector
- Ability to deliver under challenging conditions
- Take ownership of own work
- Good attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Has basic to solid knowledge of M&A/Corporate Finance concepts and products (given seniority in the position)
- Has the necessary solid accounting knowledge
- Has nascent industry/sector knowledge; Understands key industry trends, valuation metrics in selected subsectors
- Is developing standard to solid modelling skills (ex: 3 financial statements mechanism, basic bridge items, convertible Bond EPS Dilution / Right Issues modelling, ...)
- Is developing standard to solid complex modelling skills (merger model, DDM, technical bridges items)
- Is developing standard to solid valuation knowledge - is able to contribute actively to a valuation report
- Is developing standard to solid market intelligence, is able to structure market updates.
- Has an excellent command of Office tools and relevant databases
- Has a good command of English
- Is pro-active in respect of conduct and behaviour, demonstrates a positive culture of compliance and more generally ‘doing the right thing’, with internal SG stakeholders, as well as to clients and markets with which he/she is engaged, to lead to the right outcomes in all material respects
- Respects rules to protect firm’s interests
- Pays attention to risk of breach of professional or business ethics
- Acts to protect the firm’s and clients’ reputations
- Is knowledgeable about the Risk & Compliance rules of his/her activity
- Awareness and compliant with firm’s regulatory policies including, inter alia, Insider information management, Chinese wall, Clear desk policies, personal investment policy, email classification, contact with investment research; Gift and entertainment policy, use of disclaimers in pitches or documents.
- Develops good knowledge on major risks related topics: credit, operational, reputational, compliance.
- Strictly respects internal procedures (MIFID, KYC, Opsco, Cocos, Valuation committees,...etc)
University graduate (Bachelor’s degree or higher)
English and a second language will be an advantage
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Societe Generale
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its te...
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1864