You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 24,500.0 per year
We have committed to a period of observation and learning and are now clear on a plan for working alongside the Older People’s Reference Group and other older people’s groups to develop their influence.
This role will be key in supporting the delivery of this plan and is an exciting opportunity for someone with energy and self-motivation to join us, hit the ground running and learn on the go. It is the ideal starter role for a bright graduate with an interest in community development and an enjoyment of working with a hugely diverse group of people.
To work alongside the Older People’s Involvement Officer to:
- Support the City and Hackney Older People’s Reference Group (OPRG) including administration and facilitation of meetings.
- To deliver to a programme of co-produced project work which will enable older people to become influential leaders and representatives of older people living in Hackney.
- To support the development of a model of exemplary practice in user engagement and involvement for Connect Hackney and the OPRG and to support older people to contribute to the evaluation of the model in partnership with our evaluation partner.
Supporting the Older People’s Involvement Officer in networking across the borough with older peoples groups, especially those currently under-represented in the OPRG membership and in building legacy by creating sustainable community links between City and Hackney OPRG, other older people groups and services in Hackney.
In-depth outreach working with groups currently under represented in the OPRG to identify barriers and to co-produce approaches to overcoming them.
Supporting other project based work streams alongside the Older People’s Involvement Officer.
Supporting the administration of the C&H Older People’s Reference Group.
- To provide regular reporting on all projects and work streams.
- To ensure robust monitoring of all activities and to report on these as required.
- To deliver all work in line with Age UK Quality Mark standards where appropriate. To provide quality and best practise evidence to the evaluation partner.
- To develop good relationships, with all agencies and services, to ensure they work together for the benefit of older adults.
- To undertake any other duties within the competence of the post holder as may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the programme, The City and Hackney OPRG and AUKEL.
- To carry out the duties of the post in accordance with AUKEL’s policies and procedures including The older people’s dignity code, equal opportunities, health and safety, confidentiality, complaints, data protection and safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- The Older People’s Involvement Officer for Hackney will be line managed by the Service Manager for information, advice, advocacy and user involvement.
- Close working is required with the Connect Hackney provider network, the HCVS Connect Hackney Programme team and the Age UK East London Business Support team.
Fixed-term until 31 March 2019 with the possibility of permanent, subject to funding.
What we are looking for
- Ability to write very good quality reports in English
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Experience of developing or holding relationships with older people in either a professional or personal capacity.
- Experience of working to a deadline
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organisational relationships
- Knowledge of issues affecting older people and their carers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to data protection
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience of maintaining paper and electronic records and data.
- Experience of theories of change.
- Experience of organising meetings.
- GDPR knowledge
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection activities (surveys, assessments, monitoring, evaluations, etc.)
- Understanding of user involvement and co-production.
- Understanding of
- Confidentiality in practice
- Understanding of equality and diversity in practice
- Experience of using databases.
This post is subject to enhanced checks through the disclosure and barring service (DBS).
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21/09/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.