You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Who we are
BNP Paribas Global Markets provides cross-asset investment, hedging, financing, research and market intelligence to corporate and institutional clients, as well as private and retail banking networks. Global Markets' sustainable, long term business model seamlessly connects clients to capital markets throughout 38 markets in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with innovative solutions and digital platforms. Through Global Markets, clients can access a full universe of opportunities in equity derivatives, foreign exchange and local markets, commodity derivatives, rates, primary and credit markets and prime solutions and financing.
The Graduate Program is designed to provide you with first-class training and immediate responsibility. You will participate in a 6 weeks Bootcamp before moving into a full-time role in one of our quant teams. As a graduate you will have access to a number of workshops, in-house training and networking events. You will also be assigned a mentor to help you with your career development.
We have open quant graduate positions in the quant teams supporting our Business Lines (Rates, Credit and FX) and in our Electronic Trading Quantitative Research (e-FIC) team.
The Rates, Credit and FX quantitative research teams are responsible for the development of pricing and risk management models for Trading and Sales. They have daily exposure to structurers, traders, sales as well as our technology and risk management teams.
You will be required to complete one of the following rotations within Quantitative Research:
Rotation 1: You will spend 6 months with the Flow Rates Team and 6 months with the Flow Credit Team.
Rotation 2: You will spend 6 months with Structured Rates and FX and 6 months with Structured Credit.
What you will do:
Your role will include:
- Creating and implementing the mathematical models and strategies used for pricing and market making
- Support directly Trading, Sales and Structuring on a day-to-day basis by helping analyse specific trades/risks and applying the optimal pricing model
- Pricing, risk management and relative value for flow, exotic and primary desks
- Assessing the suitability of the models used by reviewing their assumptions, derivation, implementation and limitations
- Responsible for best practices for PnL Explain and Predict globally
- Involvement in key transversal regulatory topics such as FRTB or MIFID II
- Interaction with risk teams for market risk capital models such as VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CRM or IMM.
Technical skills required:
- A minimum of a Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Python, Java, R or other equivalent)
- Data manipulation and database experience
- Interest in financial markets, economics and quantitative finance
- Experience of electronic markets, models and arbitrage strategies is not a prerequisite but a strong plus
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Opening date: 5th September 2018
Closing date: 30th November 2018Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe.
The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financia
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1848
BNP Paribas, 10 Harewood Ave, Marylebone, London, UK