You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 20 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,000.0 per year
This commercially minded yet not-for-profit body aims to improve the nation's health by encouraging people to be more active! They provide services and facilitate partnerships for a broad range of organisations.
Our client exists to serve any organisation with a role to play in, or benefit to be gained from getting more people, more active, more often. They will provide a supportive, professional and innovative platform for their partners to succeed in achieving their goals.This is a permanent graduate job paying £19,000 based in central London. What does the company do?
Our client is a commercially minded not-for-profit health body comprised of members and partners from across the UK physical activity sector. Their focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often.
They achieve this by facilitating big impact partnerships, championing innovation, providing high quality services to their members, campaigning, providing research and sharing insight. How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
The Public Affairs Assistant will support the Public Affairs team to promote physical inactivity as a top-tier public health issue within Westminster, devolved, and local government. You will support the development of policy initiatives, contribute to ukactive’s parliamentary strategy, meet with key stakeholders and parliamentarians, and organise policy events. You will also support the delivery of their consultancy services, and work with a number of their key strategic partners.Specific Tasks & Responsibilities:
Strategic Partner Group and membership support:
• Supporting engagement with a number of strategic partner group accounts, including the delivery of its consultancy services – such as sector/ stakeholder mapping, themed roundtables, research and market analysis, etc.
• Coordinating and providing administrative support to a number of strategic partner group accounts
• Crafting new business proposals for strategic partners
Parliamentary and Policy:
• Maintaining their political and parliamentary monitoring system
• Drafting parliamentary questions
• Drafting outreach to parliamentarians and stakeholders
• Developing briefings for their strategic partners in response to relevant policy announcements
• Creating briefings for senior members of the team ahead of parliamentary meetings
• Supporting the implementation of their parliamentary strategy
• Supporting the development of new and established policy initiatives and campaigning for their implementation
Events and projects:
• Supporting the delivery of the public affairs elements of their key headline events including their National Summit, the Active Training Conference and Awards, and National Fitness Day.
• Supporting the delivery of their strategic partner group events, including two parliamentary receptions and CEO forums
• Supporting the project delivery of major PACR projects, such as Active LabThe ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
• A degree or equivalent experience.
• Must be politically aware and have a good knowledge of the Parliamentary process
• Must be confident, and able to engage and build relationships with stakeholders and clients
• Must be commercially aware
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent organisation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft applications, especially Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
• Clear, concise and grammatically correct writing style with an attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise and balance demands from multiple sources
• Self-motivated, and calm under pressure
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Commitment to the aims and objectives
• Passion for physical activity and/or sportExperience:
• Political experience, such as an internship or work experience
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Inspiring Interns
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2009