You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Aberdeen, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 16 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- Job ID: 4022
- Region: Europe
- Closing date: Friday September 28, 2018
- Employment status: Entry Level
- Employment type: Permanent
Job DescriptionOnshore and Offshore data acquisition tasks on a worldwide basis. To assist with and learn the set up, testing, calibration, operation and maintenance of survey data acquisition systems.To gain an awareness of survey, processing, ROV and marine disciplines.
Roles And Responsibilities
- To ensure that all onshore and offshore activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism, in accordance with the company Integrated Management System and project specific documentation.
- Complete all assigned training objectives and the introductory check list.
- To identify personal training needs, bring them to the attention of Operations and to take full advantage of the training opportunities provided.
- Assist with the setup, interfacing, calibration and operation of survey sensors.
- Operate survey software and monitor the data quality to ensure the survey specification is achieved, bringing non-conformances to the attention of the Senior Engineer or Team Lead.Taking immediate corrective action whenever possible.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports.
- During the conduct of any watch period maintain comprehensive survey and data acquisition logs.
- To gain experience with online navigation software and survey techniques.
- Develop skills across various offshore disciplines.
- Other tasks for which deemed competent as assigned by the offshore Team Lead, Project Manager or Senior Management.
- To be proactive in self-development, effective engagement with the Company Competence Management System (CMS) and progress towards professional affiliation.
RequirementsThe following attributes are essential:
- BSc / HND or equivalent in a relevant electronics / IT related discipline OR equivalent vocational qualifications and experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literacy including MS Office package and ability to learn new software.
- Disciplined, self-motivated and flexible team player.
- A good communicator (verbally and written) and able to form good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Able to work at short notice.
- Prepared to work offshore for prolonged periods of time.
- Must live within 3 hours travel time of a major UK airport.
- Practical electronics and/or IT experience.
- Knowledge of survey operations including data acquisition, data QC and reporting.
- Resident locally to Aberdeen / Aberdeenshire.
Return to search
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Fugro collects and interprets data related to the earth's surface and the soils and rocks beneath and provides advice, for purposes related to the oil and gas industry, the mining industry and the construction industry. Fugro operates around the worl at sea, on land and from the air, using professional, highly-specialised staff and advanced tech...
- Oil & energy
- in Aberdeen, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1962