You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Our client is a leading global banking group, looking for an Operational Risk Analyst at AVP level to join their highly regarded Operational Risk function. This is a high-visibility role with involvement in key deliverables across a broad range of Operational Risk responsibilities and an emphasis on assisting with the design, build, development, implementation and embedding of a outstanding Operational Risk Framework and Operational Risk best practice across the Bank. You will have hands on experience in a similar Operational Risk role, demonstrate knowledge in this field and posses good stake-holder and relationship management skills.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Framework: Assisting with the operational risk framework and developing / improving risk processes to help ensure it always meets or exceeds business requirements. Input into the improvement, development, communication and embedding of the group risk framework, policies and guidance to ensure this meets the businesses needs.
- Advisory: Assist the business as required in managing their operational risks, advising of regulatory requirements and using knowledge of industry to put in place a good control culture.
- Risk Incidents: Taking ownership for elements of the risk incident management process and managing and delivering risk incident reports across all business areas Overseeing operational risk incidents investigations, monitor resolutions and challenge where & when appropriate.
- Reporting: Managing the quality and integrity of data within operational risk reporting process.
- Control Testing: Work with the business to undertake the testing and assess design & operating effectiveness. Follow-up proactively on recommendations and action points. Assisting the business in implementing improved risk control measures
- Risk and Control Assessments: Engage with R&CA’s process, managing any changes to Key Controls, updating testing plan accordingly.
Desired skills and experience:
- Ideally c.3-7 years' relevant experience in an Operational Risk experience in a financial institution environment.
- Demonstrable experience of developing Operational Risk frameworks, policies and procedures.
- A deep understanding of how an Operational Risk framework fits together and adds value to the business.
- Sound working knowledge of Operational Risk Management principles and practices
- Experience at working in complex organisational environments, across multiple lines of businesses and geographies is essential.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and build rapport with others and to effectively impart specialist knowledge and build capability in others.
- Demonstrated team player with excellent organisation, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with a proven ability to deliver in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Display initiative with a demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to ensuring standards and controls are established and maintained in the workplace.
- University degree in a relevant business discipline highly regarded.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.