- Malmesbury, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,000.0 per year
Dyson is about technology. Technology created, and brought to market, by people. Human Resources is plugged into the nerve system of Dyson – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Reward. HR generalists link these all together; supporting every people-related decision. As a placement student within HR, you can support all of this, gaining a unique insight into Dyson's commercial objectives.
During this 12-month opportunity you will rotate through two, 6-month placements supporting Talent Acquisition and Development and our HR operations teams. You’ll contribute from day one and gain valuable exposure to the Global HR function. And if it works out for both parties, there could be an offer of Graduate employment at the end.
Rotating through 2 different placements you will have a valuable role to play in the respective teams; taking on real responsibility, learning about the key HR processes, methodologies, relevant legislation, systems and the different roles within a Global HR function. More specifically, you can expect the following:
Talent Acquisition & Development rotation – supporting a range of projects, you’ll learn how we support our business growth by locating and attracting talent to Dyson. You’ll utilise cutting edge sourcing approaches to engage, shortlist and assess across a range of roles. Or you could be assisting in the rollout of development programmes; supporting the team with coordination of events, liaison with delegates, and ad hoc project support. You’ll potentially gain exposure to a range of programmes – from early careers to senior Leadership and gain an understanding of the challenges of recruitment and retention in the competitive recruitment landscape that we operate in.
HR Operations – This team supports each individual Dyson journey: from setting up new starters, to processing changes as their careers develop. In this rotation you will provide high quality, accurate and efficient HR administrative services to understand our ways of working. You’ll also have the opportunity to make improvements. As we grow there are various continuous improvement projects with HR generalists or the Reward team requiring the input of creative problem-solvers.
For the duration of your placement, your impact will be reviewed with regular performance conservations. Opportunities for development can be tailored for the strongest candidates – and if this could be just the start. We very much hope to identify future HR Graduates through this programme, and you could go back to you final year with a job offer upon Graduation.
- You'll be expecting to graduate in 2021, but your degree discipline can be in any subject area.
- We'll want to see an understanding of the role of an HR function and your motivation for a career in this area.
- Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you'll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing papers.
- You'll be expected to present ideas and take part in discussions with senior stakeholders right from the start so you'll be articulate, quick to build credibility with a professional approach.
- You'll also need to be able to work equally well in a team as well as on your own initiative.
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Performance related bonus
- Free on-site parking
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Who we are
We’re Dyson, a global technology enterprise. Since 1993 we’ve been finding new ways to solve real-world problems – from vacuum cleaners with revolutionary cyclone technology, to a hairdryer with intelligent heat control. Our global headquarters, home to our first RDD centre, is located in the Cotswolds where the Dyson stor
- Engineering & industrial, Science & Research
- in Malmesbury, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1993
1, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury SN16 0RP, UK