You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Taunton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 17 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
PBA has always stood at the forefront of cutting edge consultancy, delivering trusted advice for over 50 years. Graduates that join PBA share our common thread; our core values and beliefs, and are ready to make a difference for our clients and local communities.
Employing great Graduates is just the start. Creating a relaxed, friendly and supportive environment for our Graduates where they can attain their personal career goals is a key aim of the Partners and is embodied within our 2-year Graduate Development Programme.
We are currently looking to recruit a Graduate to join our busy Intelligent Transport Systems in our Taunton office on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of our fast-growing, multi-disciplinary development and infrastructure consultancy with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- To support the Intelligent Transport Services team across a range of numerical assessment and functional specification of technology for transport and smart cities (IoT)
- Undertaking data analytics, drawing information out of large and complex datasets
- Support transport team in modelling and appraisal of transport schemes
- Support the team in the functional specification of technology solutions
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a degree in Civil Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science being desirable,
In addition, the candidate should be:
- Numerate with good statistical skills
- IT literate
- Keen interest in the application of technology / AI etc in the modern world
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good at working as part of a team
- Computer literate in MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Programming experience
- Web / App design experience
- Understanding of XML, JSON etc
- Understanding of database application
- Communications protocol understanding
- Practical application of micro-computers – eg raspberry PI etc
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Peter Brett Associates
We create value for clients and communities through our projects, and our ambition is to continue to be recognised by our people, clients and
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Reading, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1965