You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 7.83 per hour
Oddbox is a purpose driven business fighting food waste and we are looking for an extraordinary individual who is also an odd veggie lover and food waste fighter to play a key role in our expansion.
We had a massive growth of 1000% in 2017 alone and are looking to grow even faster and be nationwide by 2020. We’ve recently completed a very successfully oversubscribed crowdfunding raise where we had over nearly 500 investors investing £500k.
We create a secondary market for misshapen and surplus fruits and vegetables (wonky veg) by reclaiming these perfectly good produce and delivering them weekly to people’s home and their workplaces via London’s first wonky veg box scheme.
We are looking for an organised and driven food technology / food safety student looking to apply the academic knowledge learnt. You will be responsible for implementing health & safety, food safety and a QC process covering all aspects of sourcing and operations for Oddbox ie. produce QC on arrival, produce storage and shelf life, packing and warehouse operations compliant with food safety standards and health & safety standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to implement a full process from scratch covering all aspects of H&S, Food Safety and QA. You will receive guidance from the Operations Manager and from an external Food Safety expert with an overall plan of actions to be implemented.
- Review the plan of actions drafted by the external Food Safety expert and the H&S auditor and prepare a plan for rollout looking at priorities and taking into consideration cost and feasibility of implementation, identifying dependencies and main risks.
- Present the rollout plan to the team and outline actions, timing and responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of the plan ensuring all staff are on board and trained
- Prepare training documents for existing and new staff, document all processes and prepare an on-boarding process for any new staff
- Put in place a process to ensure continuous adherence to the new standards and for regular audit
- You are currently undertaking or have just completed a degree in Food Technology / Food Safety and have basic knowledge of Health & Safety, Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- You are very organised and loves a plan and to do lists
- You take things on, have a track record of delivery and are willing to go above and beyond.
- You have a positive attitude, particularly to new tasks and problem solving.
- You are driven and have entrepreneurial spirit, not letting anything dampen your energy and will push through to achieve results.
- You are eager to learn and a good collaborator
What you'll get
In addition to the financial compensation, you get:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
- Free fresh fruits in the office
- Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
- Free tea and coffee
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Oddbox is a purpose-driven business that fights food waste on farms with innovative solutions. Its first solution is London's first wonky veg box subscription service, where it buys imperfect fruits and vegetables directly from local farms and markets for a fair price, delivers them to homes and offices for 30% cheaper than similar box servic
- Consumer goods, Retail
- in London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2016