You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Woking, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
At McLaren, we believe that anything is possible. We know what it takes to win and we achieve this by working together and encouraging innovation in an extraordinary high performance environment. We are currently looking to recruit a Development Electrical Technician who will be responsible for delivering the integration of new and modified systems onto prototype/development vehicles.
Purpose of the Role
To work as part of the McLaren Automotive Development Team based at the McLaren Technology Centre. The key elements of the role are to ensure that the development vehicle activities are supported. This will involve the assembly and testing of prototype electrical harnesses and components.
The Development Electrical Technician will report to the Rigs and Data Acquisition Manager and be responsible for all aspects of controlling the activities of the Development Electrical team on multiple parallel projects.
- Take responsibility for planning electrical/system tasks including resource.
- Schedule and balance conflicting workloads and demands across multiple vehicle projects.
- Proactively liaise with project leads on future test programme requirements.
- To work with other Engineers and technicians on the integration of electrical harnesses and systems onto prototype & development vehicles
- Lead and promote a Right First Time (RFT) culture within the team
- To update group records of all Development vehicles with the level of electrical hardware each vehicle is running. Confirmation of equipment calibration, including record keeping and of our master reference equipment.
- To assist with the preparation of vehicle testing activities.
- Test data safety (backup, synchronization, sharing etc), software updates and configuration.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Practical knowledge of vehicle wiring with the ability to manufacture and repair automotive and other harness types used on our vehicles.
- Experience of electric or hybrid vehicles.
- Knowledge of CAN bus architecture.
- Good understanding of automotive electronics.
- Knowledge of CAN based tools used in fault diagnoses, platform software updates and data logging.
- Knowledge of and understanding of control systems.
- IT literate and competent in the use of multiple packages and platforms.
- Apprenticeship, City & Guilds, NVQ III level in a relevant electrical/mechanical engineering discipline.
- An energetic, driven and goal based leader with a passion for delivering challenging projects to exact and compact timescales with a significant amount of innovation and customer focus
- Ability to articulate ideas to both function groups and team members, written or verbally in a precise, concise, and professional manner.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong customer focus. Main customers are the Development programmes, CVT and technician team.
- Adaptable and decisive with good initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure, addressing issues in a timely manner and working to resolve them methodically.
- Conscientious and committed to achieve.
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About McLaren Automotive Ltd
"Above all we enjoy what we do" is something you’ll hear time and again at McLaren. That’s because we believe that anything is possible. We achieve this by working together, encouraging continuous innovation in a fast-paced and highly competitive technical and commercial environment.
Could you keep pace?
- Engineering & industrial, Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- Woking, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1989
McLaren Technology Centre, Chertsey Rd, Woking GU21 4YH, UK