You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date: 01 Sep, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
Joining as a placement student you won’t stop learning. You’ll be collaborating on real projects, contributing to the firm with the opportunity to open doors for your future. You’ll be one of the team, your ideas will be heard and your work will be valued. You’ll receive training and support to ensure you advance. We provide the opportunities – you take them.
Our business tax team provide bespoke taxation services to clients and deal with queries from compliance through to high-level advisory work. You'll prepare tax returns and computations, carry out tax planning/consultancy work and deal with HMRC, clients and third parties.
- corporation tax computations at both provisional and final stage
- corporation, partnership, personal and overseas landlord tax returns
- tax accounting and deferred tax computations for inclusion in the financial statements, as required
- The expectation is that the involvement in the preparation of the returns will be mainly data inputting and familiarising themselves with how Alphatax (or other appropriate software) works. Generally reporting to client caseworkers and managers.
- Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence including calling HMRC as required, informing them of any changes to client circumstances and preparation of penalty appeal letters.
- Assist in obtaining relevant information from audit/accounting files in order to prepare the draft tax returns.
- Drafting client correspondence including the preparation of tax payment advice /CT600 returns for client approval for Manager to send
- Assist more senior members of staff with a portfolio of clients ensuring they are kept up to date with relevant progress of their computations, tax matters and deadlines
- Take on work from the Compliance Function to gain experience of basic compliance requirements across a broad range of taxes.
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries
- Assisting with new client/engagement set up including the initial preparation of LOEs and Client Acceptance Checklist/General Engagement Acceptance Checklist.
- Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function, including updating Alphatax on a regular basis
- Assist with fee proposals, analysing WIP and drafting fee notes when requested.
- Ensure the deadline they have been given are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members
- Liaise with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues including starting to build working relationships with colleagues from other departments
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Develop an awareness of UK taxation and accounting matters, including accounting standards and double entry book-keeping
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (or equivalent), achieved within the same academic year
- Currently at University and on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in Accounting and/or Finance subject (or other relevant degree), and seeking a year in industry
- Competent at relevant computer applications e.g. Excel
- Basic technical and analytical skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Your studies towards the ACA qualification may follow a government approved level 7 apprenticeship standard which encompasses all of the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to be a qualified Accountant. This would also include an additional End Point Assessment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Moore Stephens
Helping our clients thrive in a changing world.
We provide our clients with support and guidance to deal with new risks and opportunities. As a Top 10 accounting and advisory network we support a broad range of individuals and entrepreneurs, large organisations and complex international businesses.
- Consulting & Accounting
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1907
150 Aldersgate St, London EC1A 4AB