- Manchester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 20 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 28 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Arup began developing its own software more than 40 years ago in response to our evolving challenges. Today, our software house Oasys brings relevant, flexible tools to organisations worldwide.
Oasys software leads the field in structural, seismic, geotechnical and document management. Its programs are used across 200 countries, by leading designers of the built environment – including the UK’s top 25 building design consultants – and by numerous universities.
You will join our Solihull office working in a wider team of around 20 developers to develop the market leading Oasys Suite of pre- and post-processing software for the LS-DYNA finite element analysis code.
This software is used in the automotive, nuclear and civil engineering community. Its primary use is testing vehicle crash worthiness for the automotive industry (65%) and object impact worthiness within our seismic, geotechnical and building specialisms.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You be involved in:
- Taking responsibility of the development for daily tasks and maintenance of existing features within the software.
- Providing assurance and day-to-day technical support.
- Client contact through regular meetings, training courses and other events both in the UK and abroad.
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills.
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities.
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus.
- Profit share scheme.
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension.
- Opportunities to work on international projects.
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world.
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment.
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Property & Construction
- in Manchester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946