- Northampton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 24 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 18,500.0 per year
The ERS Build team is made up of dedicated individuals who are passionate about bringing engineering designs to life, and are responsible for putting together the energy recovery system to ensure on track performance, working on the rapid delivery of our ERS Hybrid Systems to our works team; Mercedes AMG PETRONAS Formula 1, as well as our customer teams; Force India, and Williams Racing. In addition to this, we are also leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One”.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Placement Students with a rotation plan which will provide exposure to a breadth of engineering. To do this you will have the following;
- Access to our latest designs, giving you exposure to F1 Engineering drawings and CAD models of real products.
- Direct involvement in the complex assembly of high voltage race modules as well as your own projects working on the continuous development of the build processes.
- Involvement in the complete product build processes, engaging with our team to suggest solutions for improvement.
- The scope to work on both mechanical and electronic or hybrid products, developing your knowledge of the products and interactions.
- See how ERS Build interacts cross functionally with other departments to enable us to be successful at the track.
What can we offer you?
We offer our ERS Build Placement Students the opportunity to work in a state of the art Research and Development centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of the industry’s best engineers. You will be set targets aimed at perfecting your Electrical / Mechatronics practical skills, as well as being given the opportunity to take these skills and apply them to concept design. By the end of your 12 month placement you will have an excellent understanding of the full product life cycle from concept design through to testing.
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £18,500pa.
- Podium bonus based on F1 results.
- Company lease car scheme.
- 36 days annual leave.
- Access to a generous pension scheme.
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts.
What do we need from you?
- You’ll be on track to achieve a 2:1, or above, in a relevant Electrical, Electronics or Mechatronics degree.
- Evidence of practical engineering skills from either University or outside hobbies/interests.
- Adaptability, as no two days are the same, when there are pressures to be race ready.
- High resilience as an excellent work ethic is key to our success.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mercedes AMG HPP
Do you want a career where you work on projects that push the boundaries of your creativity and technical capabilities? Where your passion can help to push the boundaries of science and technology on the Formula 1 race track and the road?
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we are responsible for the design, manufacture, testi
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Northampton, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in
Morgan Dr, Brixworth, Northampton NN6 9GZ, UK