You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- To support the development of Banks’s loan distribution activity in the Europe / Middle-East / African (EMEA) market across all asset classes in which bank is active (including Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Aircraft Finance, Ship Finance, Real Estate Finance and Commodity Finance).
- To act as a key liaison point between bank and other financial institutions based in the EMEA region in relation to commercial / transactional discussions, allowing both for information gathering and the introduction to SMTB of loan purchase opportunities originated by other institutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
a) To build and maintain a wide network of relationships with other banks and financial institutions in the EMEA market – paying close attention to the transactions which each institution does and to any indications from them about their business strategy and credit appetite, etc;
b) To assist with the creation and ongoing maintenance / update of a database of the above-mentioned information, which can be used, inter alia, to predict interest among potential buyers in transactions which the bank is seeking to sell down;
c) By using the database information, to produce a standard-form comprehensive liquidity analysis for every transaction in which the bank has a sell-down objective and to recommend a detailed sales strategy;
d) In partnership with the originating deal team, to work with potential buyers to assist with their review and analysis of transactions;
e) Working with team colleagues, to manage all practical aspects of the sell-down process, from negotiation and processing of NDAs to the circulation of transaction documentation and ultimately to the management of the closing process (i.e. trade confirmations, transfer certificates, etc);
f) To report internally on a regular basis via a written update, covering market developments in general and the progress of specific transactions in particular;
g) To act as a key liaison point with other banks and financial institutions in the EMEA zone in relation to SMTB’s potential purchase of loan transactions in the secondary market and/or participation in organised primary syndication processes (passing each opportunity to the relevant department to be considered and addressed); and
h) To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the General Manager or other appropriate members of senior management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
a) Good educational background, preferably ACIB/Degree qualified.
b) Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as part of a dynamic and active loan syndications team with regular interaction with a wide variety of banks and other financial institutions. Ideally, this experience will extend across multiple asset classes (although this is not essential).
c) Established positive profile within the EMEA syndications market and a range of excellent existing client contacts.
d) Solid credit analysis skills and proven knowledge of a range of specific transaction structures.
e) Strong numeracy and familiarity with cashflow-based financial analysis techniques.
- Reports to the Head of Global Investment Promotion Department.
SPECIAL NOTES OR CONDITIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
- To undertake a minimum of 35 hours of Continuous Professional Development, spread over each year and encompassing the following activities:
- role-related reading
- attending and/or chairing meetings , (including internal meetings)
- attending training courses, (internal and external)
- internet-based training as required by the Bank
The postholder is required to maintain confidentiality of price-sensitive information within the Business Division and in general to observe the regulations of the PRA and FCA.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Hill Newton Recruitment
Hill Newton Recruitment is a leading city based recruiter providing contingent, project and retained search solutions on behalf of the Banking & Finance, Wealth Management and Insurance sectors, we are focused on providing a consultative service to all our clients and believe our success is based on our ability to build excellent long ter
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2006