- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Python-focused development agency Lambert Labs is looking for a skilled Python Developer with a minimum of a year of commercial experience for an initial 6-month contract, starting ASAP. There is a strong chance that the contract will become a full time role.
Lambert Labs was founded in April 2017. We build end-to-end digital solutions for multiple clients across a range of industries and verticals. Our services are in demand – we have worked with 15+ clients in the last year, and our team size now stands at 5.
Projects to be tackled include:
- building an education platform which delivers lessons to children learning to read and spell
- architecting and building a data cleaning system for an events company
- maintaining and scaling a browser automation platform
- developing infrastructure for a dynamic addressing company
Our main criteria for hiring for this role is that you are extremely bright and have a strong interest in programming/software development. There are, however, a few specific things that might make you a good fit for this role:
- knowledge of Django, Scrapy or both
- familiarity with some services on AWS/GCP
- familiarity with Mongo/Postgres
- basic experience with solution architecture
- experience with designing and adhering to workflows: we use Jira and Pivotal and are big on code review/linting
- 2:1 or higher in a mathematical or scientific degree (bonus points for this!)
It would be an added bonus if you have had experience or have a keen interest in:
- mobile app development
During the course of the contract you will have significant opportunities to develop your skills. You will:
- be mentored by a senior developer
- have the opportunity to learn about DevOps – including Docker, build pipelines and continuous deployment
- gain exposure to both AWS and GCP
Other benefits include:
- weekly team lunch
- your choice of tech setup
Please include an up to date version of your CV in your application. We would love to see any examples of your work that you have, including: a GitHub profile, a StackOverflow profile, a blog/personal website, or anything else that showcases your skills!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.