- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 27 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 28 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What we’re up to at Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. Named one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest StartUps’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies of 2014,’ Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York.
In 2014 we launched a project in partnership with Transport for London to reinvent Old Street station. Following a lot of press and a placemaking award, it now runs as one of our flagship destinations. In this role you’ll be overseeing the operations side of running a full time pop up destination underground - including processing appropriate documentation, arranging tenant check ins and check outs, and overseeing any maintenance issues. In addition to managing Old Street, you'll be helping out overseeing other projects - from Topshop / Topman on Oxford Street, Mare Street Market in Hackney, to Central London locations and upcoming markets.
Our Ops and Service teams are in touch with brands across the city as they make their ideas happen, so you may also be helping with viewings pre-booking, and trouble shooting in tenancy issues. You’ll need to be charismatic, organised and an adept problem solver, comfortable juggling the demands of stressed-out tenants and keeping things running smoothly. This is a great role for a people person with bags of energy looking to get stuck in to a start up. Things move fast here, so there’s plenty of scope to develop.
Note: Old Street check-ins happen on Sunday afternoons, so successful candidates will be required to commit to being on site at this time. Flexible weekday hours are available in lieu.
This position is a paid 6 month internship. Interns are often offered full time roles at the end of their placemment, things move quickly and there are lots of opportunities.
- Conducting check ins and checks outs at Old Street station directly with new brands, answering any queries and ensuring the space is maintained for the landlord (Note: Check ins/ outs happen on Sundays)
- Acting as a go between for brand and landlord to handle any in tenancy and after care questions
- Vieiwng support for various projects and landlords across the city
- Day to day administration support for the operations, production and service teams
- Diary and CRM management
- Entrepreneurial, hungry to learn in a fast-paced environment and driven to sucess
- A high-energy, hands-on, self-starter. Much of the work you’ll be doing is independent and you’ll need to be prepared to roll your sleeves up when necessary - working at a start-up isn’t a cushy job!
- Strong organisational skills, with a keen eye for detail
- A people person with excellent relationship building and problem solving skills
- Resilient, able to think creatively on your feet and able to maintain positive customer service under pressure
- Ability and willingness to perform Old Street Station check ins on Sunday afternoons essential. (Flexible in lieu hours to be discussed).
- Retail and brand knowledge would be an advantage, as would operational experience
- An interest in high growth start ups or online marketplaces
Why you like us
- Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there
- We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is
- We punch above: we'll give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could
- Work with a world class team building an exciting, fast growing business - learn how that works and build a great network
- Paid internship with the opportunity of a full time position at the end of it
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About APPEAR HERE
- Advertising, Marketing & PR
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2013
2, 13/19 Vine Hill, London EC1R 5DW, UK