You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
UHY Hacker Young is a Top 15 firm of Chartered Accountants based near Tower Hill in the City. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network, we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.
Joining a team of 8, this is a great opportunity to join the Corporate Tax department and to embark on a career in tax.
The successful candidate will be offered full study support to complete the ATT qualification and gain hands-on experience, working with a variety of clients.
Duties will include:
- Assisting team members to perform corporate tax related assignments including preparation of corporate tax returns as well as all aspects of tax administration and management.
- Building a rapport with other departments within the firm with a view to developing a clear and detailed understanding of internal and external business tax requirements.
- Assisting in tax research as well as in the preparation of first drafts of corporation tax advisory reports.
- Liaising and corresponding with clients and HM Revenue && Customs.
The working week: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to be worked from 9.30AM to 5.30PM with occasionally some flexibility of hours to meet specific work demands.
4 Thomas More Square
St Katharine's Dock
London E1W 1YW
- Study Package, including TOIL (Time off in Lieu) for overtime;
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays);
- Discretionary Christmas shutdown not counted as part of holiday entitlement;
- Ideally Minimum A-levels, B,B,B grades (or equivalent and excluding general studies);
- Grade B or above in GSCE Maths and English Language (GSCE or equivalent).
- No previous professional exam study required
- The role requires excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to write and present professional reports would be an advantage.
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in tax with a view to completing the ATT examinations would be an advantage
- Experience of using Microsoft Word/Excel to a good level.
- Key role for an enthusiastic and proactive individual with an ambition to succeed within the profession.
- You will need to be able to work under pressure and to be able to manage workload and expectations.
- Should be confident with client facing.
- An awareness of business tax environment, bookkeeping or similar industry knowledge.
Learning & Development
- We will support your development and progress towards more complex and technical work. Enthusiasm to learn is therefore key.
- The ability to ‘purchase’ extra days leave in salary sacrifice;
- Private medical insurance at discounted rates;
- Private dental cover at discounted rates;
- Subsidised corporate gym membership;
- Life assurance (4x salary);
- Season ticket loan (for travel);
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About UHY Hacker Young
Do you want to join a modern and dynamic firm? UHY Hacker Young are a progressive group of chartered accountants that have a strong national and international network; we are currently ranked top 15 in the country.
Our mid-tier size means that every year we select just a small number of talented trainees to help grow our business. Each
- Consulting & Accounting
- London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1925