You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department - Summary of the business, coverage, services
More than 200 analysts, strategists and economists combining their expertise into a cross-asset approach: analysis of the impact of major events on different asset classes, assessment of the links between asset classes, and strategic synthesis of this key information to provide an integrated view.
We benefit from a global coverage thanks to Societe Generale local networks in Eastern Europe (Moscow, Bucharest, Warsaw and Prague), the strengthening of our presence in the US, and in Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), together with our established UK and Western European base.
Summary of the key purposes of the role - Summary of the key objectives and primary goals (minimum 3)
Based in London, the successful candidate will be given a firsthand experience of financial market research.
The role involves working alongside Equity Research Management team and other senior analysts, focusing on but not limited to:
· Strategic analysis and marketing
· Financial and economic news
· Reporting and presentation of marketing recommendations
· Ad hoc research projects for internal purposes
Summary of responsibilities - Minimum of 6 responsibilities to be identified
Within Equity Research management team, the trainee will be involved in the following tasks:
• Working on strategic analysis & marketing presentations for the Head of Equity Research
• Working along with Analysts on:
- Global Retail (Fashion): perform a quarterly internet and shop investigation
- Assist IT Analysts on Economic Modeling
• Working in conjunction with senior analysts in preparing necessary research documents
• Participation in ad hoc research projects for internal purposes
• Conducts ongoing (weekly/monthly) reports for the Equity management
• Provide research support for special projects for the Equity management
Level of Autonomy and Authority - Define the autonomy of the role and what the job holder can authorise and make decisions on - If applicable
Working under the supervision of analysts
Competencies - Define a minimum of 10 skills and technical knowledge that are essential for the Job holder to have
Key General Competencies
· Strong Analytical skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels within an organization
· Ability to problem solve and implement process improvements
· Highly organized and proactive
· Adaptability and Flexibility
· Rigorous and curious
· Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
· Proficient in Excel / PowerPoint
· Knowledge of corporate accounting
Work experience in a bank or broker; experience linked to Financial analysis
Preferably first/ upper second degree and /or masters in Finance, Economics, Accounting
· Fluent written and spoken English
· Second major European language (especially French) is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Societe Generale
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1864