You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Croydon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 17 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What will you be getting up to?
We manage and deliver designs for major below ground civil projects and are recognised as authoritative and innovative in ground engineering. We specialise in all aspects of foundations, geotechnics, and tunnelling, and contribute to some of the largest and most demanding structures in the world. These projects range from Crossrail in London, East London Line, Victoria Station Upgrade, Budapest Metro, Dublin Interconnector, TfL tunnels refurbishment to name a few.
Areas of expertise include value management and value engineering, geotechnical advice, geotechnical information management, site investigation, rock engineering, slope engineering, coastal engineering, and environmental geotechnics. Supporting our civil design capability, we have specialist engineering geology, numerical modelling, seismic and hydrogeology expertise.
Work will vary but you are likely to undertake the following type of work:
- Prepare desk studies
- Plan, procure, supervise and report on ground investigations to the requirements of EC7.
- Provide engineering geological input, and parameter derivation, to the design of the following in both soil and rock:
- Foundations and substructures
- Slopes and assess stability
- Reinforced earth structures
- Provide input to of soil and rock mechanics analyses.
- Classify rock masses using rock mass rating systems
- Undertake budgeting and cost control
- Prepare technical reports
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for ground engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2.1 degree in
- Engineering geology
- Soil Mechanics, or related discipline.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
** Application deadline is the 18 November 2018 **
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as:
- The Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Chartered Institution of Water & Environmental Management (CIWEM)
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mott MacDonald
Opening opportunities with connected thinking. Partnering with our clients, we are solving the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make, to unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Croydon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1902
8 Sydenham Rd, Croydon, UK