- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,999.0 per year
Disney Interactive, Production and Operations Placement
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with Disney?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
Disney Interactive – Production, Operations & Mobile
This year Disney Interactive is transitioning into a central role in driving transactional opportunities for other lines of business across the company.
As one of our Disney Interactive Interns, you will work as part of a 20+ strong production team and will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day planning, building and maintenance of the website and mobile content slate in multiple languages for markets across EMEA.
You will have exposure to a broad range of tasks from performing basic image editing using Adobe Photoshop, sub-editing and proof-reading digital content through to using web analytics tools to monitor and assess the performance of our website, mobile app and gaming content.
This role will provide a fantastic springboard for your future career in Digital Production and Operations – apply now!
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the right to work in the UK
- Applicants will be studying a relevant degree e.g. Digital Media or Web Technologies
- Strong MS Office skills are essential, particularly in Excel.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop is a preferred.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with Disney and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more...
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Ability to join charity projects within the community, participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
About Walt Disney International
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Walt Disney Company
From classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to cutting edge sports coverage, and the hottest shows on television, The Walt Disney Company has been making magic since 1923, creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world. And we’re just getting started!
The key to our success…. The C
- Media, Publishing & Events, Telecommunications
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1923
3 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, UK
Your personalised job suggestions
Scheme at Walt Disney Company