You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,000.0 per year
- Administer and develop the FPH revalidation service for those members connected through us to the General Medical Council. (main responsibility, min 60% of time)
- Develop and carry out a professional appraisal scheme for specialists from background other than medicine.
- Administer the CPD scheme in the absence of the CPD Administrator and provide support to the Administrator as required.
- Administer and actively promote the accreditation of events programme.
- Support the recruitment process of senior public health appointments (AACs).
- Manage the FPH buddy scheme and support the development of other methods of supporting an efficient and effective public health workforce.
- Assist the FPH Workforce Committee, relevant other committees and working/project groups.
- Work with the Workforce Manager and regularly communicate with your team about your own work.
- Be available to support colleagues of the Education & Professional Standards team.
- Provide cover within the department as required and assist with general enquiries.
- Contribute to the monitoring and preparation of budgets and expenses.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the FPH organisational strategy.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with colleagues and members to ensure our professional standards activities are closely integrated with, and actively support, other team’s activities and organisational objectives and priorities.
- Be an active member of the Education & Professional Standards Team. Offer regular advice and guidance about the team’s strategic direction, priorities and delivery and take shared responsibility for the team’s development and culture.
- Ensure all operations are compliant with the FPH Equality & Diversity Policy.
- Deal with enquiries to a high level of customer service, replying, referring or responding as appropriate.
- Liaise with colleagues elsewhere in the organisation to ensure good communication, co-ordination and collaboration
- Consistently model FPH’s values, actively manage your own personal development, have fun and challenge yourself at work.
- Deputise for managers as required.
- Attend and represent FPH at relevant internal and external committees.
- Travel occasionally, including overnight stays, to represent the organisation or conduct FPH business; including at the FPH conference and other relevant events.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the post as directed by the Workforce Manager or Director of Education & Standards.
Please note all criteria are essential unless otherwise stated
- Ability to demonstrate excellent administrative skills.
- Ability to deliver and support a busy and varied number of work programmes.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative to innovate new ways of working.
- Ability to build rapport and establish effective relationships internally and externally, interacting with others in a sensitive and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to organise own time effectively, create work schedules, prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and multi-task with ease.
- Ability to identify and analyse root causes of problems and develop solutions to improve effectiveness in the short and long-term.
- Ability to draft agendas and produce notes of meetings.
- Proven ability to communicate (verbal and written) in a manner that is fluent, clear, compelling to a range of audiences.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate commitment to the FPH’s Values, Ethical Policies and Equality & Diversity Policy and to ensure all activities are carried out consistently within this framework.
- Understanding of the public health sector and the relevance of professional bodies.
- Understanding of revalidation and CPD processes.
- Experience of working within an administrative role.
- Experience of working effectively within a team, developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience of working within a customer-facing environment; and in delivering customer centric service.
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring standard operating procedures.
- Experience of supporting committees.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience of developing and maintaining robust partnerships which are mutually beneficial.
- Experience of Microsoft products to an intermediate level including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience of effectively running projects.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience of working within an educational context.
- Experience of working in a membership organisation.
- Experience of working with trustees.
- Good understanding of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database systems and MS products.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent experience.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About FACULTY OF PUBLIC HEALTH
FPH is the leading professional body for over 3,300 public health specialists in the UK. It works to improve people’s health and wellbeing through its core aims of setting the standards for and quality assuring the specialist public health workforce and advocating for action on public health issues.
FPH was established as a regist
- Health & Social Care, Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 1972