You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,999.0 per year
- EDEM is the market-leading Discrete Element Method (DEM) software for bulk material simulation. The EDEM Engineering team is looking for a talented graduate to help us create a range of technical collateral to support activities of the Marketing and Sales teams. This is a 6 month placement initially with the possibility for this to be extended.
This project involves producing visuals such as technical videos using EDEM software and various content such as application briefs, presentations and webinars. Examples of past work in this area include:
- What is DEM? – create presentation and present as a live Webinar
- Video: Simulation and analysis of a vibrating screen in collaboration with HL Atacama
- Working with the Engineering team to create technical collateral to support activities of the Marketing and Sales teams.
- This is a rare opportunity to be part of a growing company and a world-class engineering team. The placement provides an opportunity to develop skills for career advancements in the areas including; engineering consulting, sales support, technical marketing and application R&D. You will have an opportunity to interact with engineers from EDEM’s global customers including Tier 1 companies in mining, steel-making, construction and agriculture, energy, pharmaceutical and consumer goods industry sectors.
- Degree in Engineering, Physics or similar would be ideal for this role. This could be either an undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree. Other qualifications would be considered, provided you have the required essential skills.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English as well as good interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to work as part of a team demonstrating a willingness to support others in achievement of overall objective
- Diligent, hardworking, and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Engineering
- Background in advanced engineering simulation techniques. Knowledge of fundamentals and computational methods in Discrete Element Modeling (DEM/EDEM) is preferred
- As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
- ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
- First introduced to the market in 2006, EDEM software is used for ‘virtual testing’ of equipment that handles or processes bulk materials in the manufacturing of mining, construction, off-highway and agricultural machinery, as well as in the mining and process industries.
- Blue-chip companies around the world use EDEM to optimize equipment design, increase productivity, reduce costs of operations, shorten product development cycles and drive product innovation. In addition, EDEM is used for research at over 200 academic institutions worldwide.
- We are a global company headquartered in Edinburgh, UK with offices in USA and Japan and supported by a network of channel partners in Americas, South Africa and Asia-Pacific regions.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
ScotGrad offers paid, project-based student placements and graduate fixed term contracts in dynamic small and medium sized organisations across Scotland.
Operated by Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services, we support Scottish businesses and social enterprises to f
- Recruitment & HR
- Glasgow, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2010