Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Poole, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 24,000.0 per year
Building and maintaining the highly technical platforms and frameworks upon which all our work depends.
Full description: Do you love figuring out how things fit together?
Our Network and Infrastructure Engineers are a diverse crowd, but they do share a love of puzzles. They relish the challenge of breaking down a requirement and coming up with a logical, practical solution. Passionate about understanding how things work behind the scenes, they quickly gain the superior knowledge and skills required to manage the highly technical frameworks that we rely on to support our clients. So, if you were the kid tinkering with the school PC or dissecting your gadgets this could be the role for you.
That said, you don’t need any specific IT experience, just a sharp mind and a natural curiosity. It’ll help if you’re a confident communicator and can keep a cool head under pressure. Your work will span a broad range of technologies, so you’ll need to be a quick learner - plus a willingness to roll up your sleeves and experiment a little as you go will be an advantage.
Working either in-house or at client sites across the UK, you will be deploying and maintaining complex, custom-made systems. You will be trained in industry-leading tools and technologies needed to deliver these first-class IT systems, both internally and to our wide range of clients.
You’ll love the variety in working for us – no two projects are the same. We offer a flexible career path, allowing you to tailor a career that suits you and make the most of your strengths.
- A passion for technology and motivation to learn about the industry
- The confidence to take risks and experiment
- A love of problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent time management skills
- A resilient attitude and ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- A willingness to travel and work at client sites across the UK
- A minimum 2:1 degree or a PhD in a Maths, Science, Engineering or Computing subject
You will enjoy:
- Your full salary from day one, with regular salary reviews
- Excellent opportunities for tailored career progression
- Funding to study and obtain industry recognised qualifications
- Job variety working with blue-chip and public sector clients on a number of unique projects
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Plenty of chocolate biscuits or fresh fruit for the health conscious!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Dorset Software Services
Founded in 1987, Dorset Software delivers consistently exceptional service, valuing its customers and employees above all else. Providing IT consultancy, development, management, and system skills for a diverse client base, Dorset Software specialises in bespoke services that truly meet the needs of each client.
IT Consultancy: ac
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT
- in Poole, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 1987