- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 14 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 11 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Mace was founded on a belief that the construction industry would benefit from a more open and collaborative approach and we've become a leader in construction delivery by adhering to that founding principle. We see ourselves as more than just construction experts. We are our clients’ partner in the truest sense, and as a result, our approach is to constantly challenge conventional thinking and relentlessly push for smarter, faster and more efficient ways to deliver while always working with integrity to ensure we uphold high ethical standards on every project.
Mace has delivered over 500 construction management projects. Today, construction management accounts for nearly 70% of the overall capital cost of our projects.
Construction managers work out on site and they are responsible for ensuring a project is delivered safely and to the highest quality standards. A construction manager will be involved from the pre-construction/planning stage right through to project handover.
As a graduate construction manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Assisting in the production of short term construction plans
- Assisting with the procurement of trade/sub-contractors
- Assisting in project start up and preconstruction stages
- Assisting in the daily control, management and coordination of site activity
- Keeping a detailed diary of works planned and actually carried out by trade/sub-contractors
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is received, reviewed and communicated where necessary
- Establishing key relationships with trade/ sub-contractors
- Contributing to site progress meetings with trade/sub-contractors
- Dealing with any problems on site and monitoring risks
- Ensuring health & safety is adhered to, including site inspections and conducting site inductions.
Professional qualification routes
Placements working in construction management will be given guidance in starting to work towards their professional qualification with either the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), depending on your degree.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected),
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mace Group
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and a deep-rooted entrepreneurial spirit. Together we strive to build more efficiently, more sustainably, more intelligently and more economically – to create cities and communities that don’t just function, but ins
- Consulting & Accounting, Property & Construction, Telecommunications
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1989
Moorgate Hall, 155 Moorgate, London, UK