- London, UK
- Apply by 28 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 29 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Production Support Technology team. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses and by utilizing a broad range of technologies; our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our growth strategy.
Production Support plays an integral part in running and maintaining the production environment for all applications throughout the trade lifecycle, so that traders and middle office can confidently conduct business and service clients. Our production support analysts provide direct and constant interaction with the businesses we support, using their problem solving and technological skills to quickly resolve any technological issues, which can vary in severity and complexity and may impact Citi’s reputation or profits. Due to the nature of the role, working so close with both trading and other technical teams, production support analysts quickly become equipped with extensive business knowledge, as well as technical skills.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The 10 week Summer Analyst Program starts in June and will start with one week of training before you join a team in Production Support. During the programme you will be working on real projects and be a real member of the Technology team. Top-performing Summer Analysts will be offered the opportunity to return to Citi after graduation, to join the full-time Analyst program.
Your time here will look something like this...
A position in production support will involve the following:
- Providing exceptional technical support – It is production supports job to ensure that our revenue-critical systems are up, running, and functioning as expected. If they are not, then our analysts will work to detect the issue, minimize the impact, and return the system to a stable state. This might be through failover, segmenting off the infrastructure that’s having issue, or rolling back a defective change. If issues are not managed correctly, the impact on Citi’s reputation and finances could be catastrophic.
- Resiliency and capacity testing – We need to know that our applications can function in the event of a disaster (technical or natural), and can cope with ever increasing volumes, so that the business can continue to operate as normal. Our analysts put our systems to the test; simulating hypothetical situations that could impact our operation systems to understand limitations and build contingency plans.
- Improving Production Support Monitoring Techniques – Monitoring is vital to alert support to any issues within the production environment so they can resolve the issue as quickly as possible in order to limit user impact.
- Organizational and operational efficiency improvements – Our analysts get involved in efficiency improvements to identify where tasks or processes can be automated or streamlined. Our past analysts have implemented solutions ranging from excel macros to python scripts and C# applications – it’s not just the developers who have the programming fun!
- Release / Change Management – Your development peers will be writing the application code for new functionality, but our production support analysts will be the ones to decide if it can be released into our live systems or not. With strong change management techniques, production support analysts help to protect the live systems from unnecessary harm and keep our trading platforms stable.
We want to hear from you if...
- You are in your penultimate or final year of university
- You achieved a minimum of 96 UCAS points*
- You can demonstrate a passion for Technology. A knowledge of any of the following would be a plus but not essential: SQL, Unix/Linux, Scripting languages, Windows Servers
- You have strong evidence of project management, leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- You are committed to personal growth and career development, and a strong desire to be successful in a team environment
- *for A Level it will be taken from the top three grades sat in the same year and first sitting over 2 years at (excluding General Studies).
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- A passion for technology
- Client focused with strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-driven environment
- Motivated to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
Applications will close on the 8th December 2017.
We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Progress starts here
For more than 200 years Citi has enabled growth and economic progress around the world. The company provides clients and customers with a broad range of financial services and products. Its aim is to create the best outcomes for them, using financial ingenuity to develop simple, creative and responsible solutions
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1812
33 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB, UK