You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 20 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 25,000.0 per year
RenaissanceRe is a leading global provider of reinsurance. Our team shares a passion for providing exceptional service, innovation, creativity and a strong belief in the entrepreneurial culture which is a cornerstone of our competitive advantage. We were founded in 1993 as a technology leader leveraging proprietary dynamic financial analysis and predictive analytics. We are headquartered in Bermuda and serve clients across the globe with primary underwriting hubs in Bermuda, New York and London and a technology hub in Dublin.
The Risk Analyst will be responsible for the technical analysis and underwriting recommendations of assumed risks, system developments and for acting as a resource for new product developments.
What you will do:
- Analysing and probabilistic modeling of property risks.
- Presentation of analysis output and conclusions to underwriters based in both London, Bermuda and the US.
- Investigating, evaluating and making recommendations for improvements to current and new catastrophe models.
- Building and maintaining relationships with catastrophe model vendors and implementing new models when necessary.
- Demonstrating proficient use and knowledge of internal systems and databases as well as third party software including RMS, AIR, MS Excel, and SQL to effectively extract, manipulate and report on risk modeling data.
- Regular and ad-hoc projects relating to portfolio management and Lloyd’s of London reporting requirements.
- A University degree with emphasis on mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or a similar field, with a minimum grade of 2.1.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills; problem-solving through a numerical, structured, logical approach and an ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of probability, statistics and/or computing an advantage.
- Familiarity with a programming language such as Python or R an advantage.
- Ability to clearly and concisely present information in individual and group settings adapting to the needs of the audience and effectively responds to Q&A.
- Ability to manage expectations effectively and adapt to changing needs, concerns and priorities of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work towards team goals and end results and contributes in ways that benefit the entire team.
Salary and Benefits:
- Complimentary Breakfast and Lunch
- Training and Development support
- Healthcare and Dental
This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual who is a self-starter with the ability to be productive under pressure. This is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self-confidence and self-motivation.
All applications must be submitted by 16th September 2018
RenaissanceRe is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- From £23,000 to £25,000 per annum OTE £35,000+ (Gym Membership/ MacBoo
- From £28,000 to £30,000 per annum
- £26,000 per annum + Bounus + Benefits
- From £20,000 to £25,000 per annum + OTE, + Commission, + additional be
Handcrafted solutions...first class results.
Milkround is the perfect place to recruit school leavers, students and graduates. With our engaged audience, you can find all the quality talent you need for your business.
Our world class search technology and tools enables them to find the most relevant job. Your job!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1993