You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Brentford, UK
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What does a ViiV Communications Executive industrial placement have to offer?
ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company, established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012, dedicated to delivering advances in treatment and care for people living with HIV and for people who are at risk of becoming infected with HIV. The company’s aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a new approach to deliver effective and innovative medicines for HIV treatment and prevention, as well as support communities affected by HIV. For more information, please visit www.viivhealthcare.com
Are you interested in contributing to making a difference to the lives of people living with and affected by HIV? You can be part of the ViiV Healthcare Global Communications Team who undertake global communications on the company, our products and our pipeline and manage the ViiV Healthcare external and internal communication channels?
The global communications team is often described as the “eyes, ears and voice of the company” and has both internal and external parts. Externally, communications affect how healthcare professionals and people living with HIV, regard and engage with ViiV Healthcare. Internally, it affects how our employees understand what ViiV is doing in all aspects of the business – crucial to the company’s ability to work collaboratively. An IP Student in this role will develop an understanding of our business, medicines and our pipeline, working closely with many different parts of the business. The placement will involve digital experience and the opportunity to create, to better engage audiences of our communications channels.
As a smaller company with a close-knit team, ViiV Healthcare presents the opportunity to take on real responsibility as a placement student, in a fast-paced environment that enables the individual to feel as though they make a real impact. Access to the wider GSK network provides insight into the running of larger businesses, while a role in ViiV gives greater opportunity to direct your learning and personalise your placement year.
The Global Communications Team is looking for a Communications Executive to join for a one year placement. The successful student will have the chance to develop their business acumen and will have the opportunity manage multiple projects and digital communications for ViiV Healthcare.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities include:
- Corporate website: Upload content such as press releases and regulatory & pharmacovigilance product updates. Support the running of the corporate website and contribute to structure & design refresh.
- Social media: Create and write original social media content for our corporate Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook channels.
- Weekly media monitoring: Review and assist writing of relevant stories and articles from online alerts, compile weekly email for distribution
- Intranet: Support internal newsfeed (including copywriting and editing), produce fortnightly news digest and participate in weekly editorial meetings.
- Project Management: Support corporate events such as World Aids Day and Give Back Day, manage technical set up for quarterly Town Hall meetings as well as work on ad-hoc requests on other projects (e.g. video editing).
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Interest in Communications, Media, Journalism and Project Management.
Do you want the sense of purpose that comes from working in a specialised organisation, dedicated to delivering advances in treatment and care for people living with HIV? A placement year at ViiV Healthcare presents the opportunity to see a real impact in this important field.
- Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in an undergraduate degree.
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of an undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement.
The Assessment Centre date for successful applicants is expected to be in February 2019.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
We will close for applications when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes life-saving vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products such as Maxinutrition, Sensodyne, Aquafresh and Panadol.
The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them – as well as questions about their own personal and professional growth.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830
980 Great West Rd, Brentford TW8 9GS