You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Coventry, UK
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 15,600.0 per year
Our award-winning graduate and apprentice programmes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the next generation of vehicles you’ll help produce. In fact, we’ve designed our early careers programmes for you to shape the future with us. With opportunities right across our business, you’ll use your creativity to bring new ideas to life, develop specialist, commercial and project skills and push the boundaries of your potential.
What to Expect
The beautiful shapes, sweeping curves and luxurious styles of our vehicles would be nothing without the accuracy in the technical set up and attention to craftmanship. Joining one of four key teams you’ll help produce the flourishing finishes that grab attention wherever they’re seen. As part of the Design Technical group you’ll be working alongside designers and engineers throughout the whole development phase from early concept through to detailed A-surface component design driving feasibility to deliver design intent.
- As part of our Surfacing team you’ll create and deliver feasible A-class surface data that achieves the design intent. Input is taken from clay scans, package data, CAD concepts and hard points to create and release A-class geometry in support of engineering feasibility requirements and the final production release. It will be down to you to deliver best in class crafted optical quality solutions into new vehicle programmes. You’ll also be involved in complex negotiations with engineering, design, and the generation of concept schemes using state of the art CAD systems.
- In our Studio Engineering team, you will support the Design team in delivering creative technical solutions to achieve the design intent. Studio engineers are expected to work alongside the Designer throughout the full development phase; from early concept vehicle layout through to detailed A-surface component Design. The team require undergraduates with a strong technical background, whilst having a creative mindset. You’ll also be involved in complex negotiations with engineering and design, and the generation of concept schemes using state of the art CAD systems.
- In the Cubing Engineering team you will support the Design, Surfacing, Engineering & Programme teams by delivering highly accurate detailed physical 1:1 scale model stacks within challenging time scales and budgets. These models provide analysis and verification of design intent, craftsmanship interfaces and are the key support for quality data sign off ahead of production tool release. Working as part of a team you’ll be expected to run small projects and support other main projects as the need arises. You’ll be involved in the complex negotiations with model suppliers and project teams. You’ll help to oversee the design, construction, delivery and reviews for these properties to all levels of Jaguar Land Rover management. A business /engineering focussed acumen would be useful.
- Our Experience Design team is a growing part of the Design Studio delivering highly creative designs for the overall user experience of the car. Core to this is the design of the Graphical User Interface; working alongside the Interior Designer you will create innovative concepts and develop them through to fully production feasible, exquisite Designs. The team require undergraduates with a strong graphical user interface and motion graphics background, and key to this is truly creative thinking. You’ll also be involved in complex negotiations with engineering and design, and therefore the ability to express your Design vision is critical.
What You'll Need
Excellence runs throughout our entire business and we expect you to be the same. You’ll need a strong technical background, creative mind-set, good spatial awareness and have the confidence to get involved in complex negotiations with engineering and design.
For Surfacing, Studio Engineering and Cubing Engineering you’ll need to be on track for a Design or Engineering degree at 2:2 level or higher.
For Experience Design you’ll need to be on track for a Design Degree at 2:2 level or higher.
Please be aware that our undergraduate placement opportunities are only open to penultimate year students (i.e. students who will be returning to their final year of study following their placement with us). All applicants must upload a Design Portfolio to their application to be considered. This file must be no larger than 5MB.
Whatever your role, you’ll discover our dedication to developing excellence runs throughout the business. Your innovation and creativity will be challenged every day, as you develop a rigorous and commercially focused approach to your work. And with ongoing support from industry-leading experts, you’ll quickly realise the schemes have been designed to be just as inspiring as the pioneering vehicles you’ll help produce.
Our undergraduate placements have a fixed start date of 24 June 2019 and will run for a duration of 12 months only
Rewards and Benefits
Whichever path you follow, your hard work and contribution deserves recognition. So as well as ongoing support and learning opportunities, you’ll receive a competitive salary. This will be around £300 per week, or £15,600 p.a.
For those on 12 month placements, a generous holiday allowance will also be yours, as will many other benefits. With on-site facilities like gyms and sports hall, plus regular social events, you’ll have plenty of chances to make friends and have fun too.
Jaguar Land Rover will not support any applications for visa sponsorship for this role and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.
Jaguar Land Rover are a multisite business, our opportunities could be based at any of our UK sites.
On making your application, please use your personal email address and NOT a University address.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Jaguar Land Rover
Pulses racing. Spines tingling. Throughout our history, our iconic vehicles have delivered some of the most emotive driving experiences on the road. Today, with increasing demand and ever-growing ambition, we’re seeking the next generation of innovators who will capture the hearts and minds of customers in every corner of the world.
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Coventry, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1922
Abbey Rd, Coventry, UK