Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Swindon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 09 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Swindon, UK
Job Type: Intern
IoT Technical InternJob Description
In your 13 month placement you will work with the IoT Technical Sales Specialist Team to help drive sales and the adoption of Intel’s IoT focused products and solutions. Join an experienced worldwide technical team in enabling customers to use Intel based technologies to create system level IoT solutions that address real life business and technical challenges and opportunities.
Your main focus will be on key IoT market segments including Retail, Industrial, Energy and Automotive, where edge to cloud solutions enable connected, managed, scale-able and secure services to be deployed.
This will also involve the creation and demonstration of solutions that showcase real-life usage models and highlight the benefits of Intel technologies and platforms including AI, analytics and edge to cloud software and hardware.
Other activities may include:
- Supporting marketing or customer facing events alongside experienced technical specialist and sales representatives, including articulating technical details around Intel based solution, or providing technical training to Intel colleagues or customers.
- Documenting and validating solutions (creating the "recipes"), making simple user guides, and arranging for purchase and supply of such systems for customers or events.
- Organizing/Logistics of technical events that Intel partakes in (arranging for purchase or supply of equipment and systems).
- Validating or verifying IoT solutions and services based on hardware and software from Intel and other vendors.
QualificationsThis is a 13 month fixed-term placement for students currently studying a degree course in Electronic Engineering, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar subjects, and is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry.
- Strong software or electronics with software background, able to build embedded type PC's or systems, connect peripheral devices such as cameras or modems, install or update firmware and drivers.
- The applicant must be strongly self-motivated and confident in working on his/her own, but also be able to work as part of a team with other interns, or experienced Intel staff when required.
- The ideal candidate will also be able to build and optimize applications based around a variety of operating systems (typically Microsoft or Linux).
- Previous knowledge of Node.js, Java, C or other object orientated languages would be an advantage.
Intel's Sales and Marketing (SMG) organization works with global customers and partners to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. SMG works across business units to amplify the customers voice and deliver solutions that accelerate their business. Our teams work across the entire sales cycle, pushing ingredient products to our "billings" customers while also pulling end solutions through to "consumption". We work across numerous industries, including retail, enterprise and government, cloud services and healthcare as examples. The operations team focuses on forecasting, driving alignment with factory production and delivering efficiency tools and our marketing capability drives demand and localized marketing in locations around the globe. Our sales force navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem while shaping product roadmaps, driving value for our customers, and collaborating to harness emerging technology trends to deliver comprehensive solutions.
Primary Location: Swindon, UK
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At Intel, building a better world is our business. Our mission is to utilize the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on earth while serving as a role model for how companies should operate.
We power amazing experiences through a diverse product line and exciting partnerships. Our strategy is a virtuous
- Technology & IT, Engineering & industrial
- in Swindon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1968