You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Market Drayton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 50,000.0 per year
We are currently seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team at the Eldertree Lodge Hospital, located near Market Drayton, in Staffordshire. It provides 41 beds for individuals with intellectual disability, divided between 2 care pathways: neurodevelopmental disorders (male) and complex needs (female).
You will work as Consultant Psychiatrist for the Female Complex Needs pathway, comprising 6 admission beds and 7 discharge beds. The pathway is working towards accreditation in the enabling environments scheme.
The service is commissioned by NHS Wales and Clinical Commissioning Groups.
The central location of the hospital results in referrals from a wide area, primarily the North West and Midlands areas.
At The Huntercombe Group we provide three specialist areas of care: Adult Mental Health, Specialist Brain Injury and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services. With hospitals and specialist centres across England and Scotland, we work in partnership with NHS and Local Authorities to provide person-centred quality health and social care services.
The Huntercombe Group aims to continuously improve and innovate in the services we operate and we do this through various joint initiatives and partnerships with the NHS.
- Take overall responsibility and charge of the medical care of all the patients on the post holders unit
- Holding and chairing monthly patient review meetings.
- Reviewing each of their inpatients ensuring that these assessments are documented.
- Attending daily morning meetings to address all incidents and safeguarding matters.
- Attending the peer group with other Psychiatrists to meet the RCPsych CPD criteria.
- Attending Clinical Governance, Health and Safety and referrals meetings
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team in relation to the assessment, formulation and treatment of patients
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients including Patient review meetings, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007). Medically responsible under the Mental Health Act for the medical treatment of all of the patients allocated.
- Contributing to in-house training programmes within the services and offering supervision to other members of the multi-disciplinary team, particularly junior staff
- Be the primary, focal role in the case management of the patients in relation to the referring community, learning disability, local authority and commissioning agencies
- Managing admissions and discharges from the unit. Including attending the patients’ pre admission assessments.
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of services in collaboration with the Medical Director, Hospital Manager and Head of Nursing and Quality
- Taking part in medically related audits, presenting these to the audit and Clinical Governance meetings
- Developing a job plan that suits the needs of the individual and the services
- Hold current full GMC registration with licence to practice and with no restrictions on practice and be on specialist register
- Have current approved clinical status
- Be approved under section 12 (2) of the Mental health act 1983 (amended 2007)
- Maintain CPD and re-validation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists or other relevant statutory bodies
- Be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans
- On Call: 1 in 2.5 (also covers The Huntercombe Centre Birmingham)
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Funded study leave
- Medical insurance
- Payment of medical indemnity
- 3 months full pay, 3 months half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and development
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
If you like what you have read, are dynamic, forward thinking and keen to learn, with a confident ‘CAN DO’ approach in all you do, please click Apply now.
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:37.5 Hours per weekPay Scheme:Hospital Medical and Dental StaffPay Band: Consultant Staff Group:Medical & DentalSpecialty/Function:Adult Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948