- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
ASHURST'S OIL & GAS TEAM
About AshurstAshurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Team overviewWith over 100 partners across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Australia and Asia, Ashurst is acknowledged as having one of the world's leading international resources and infrastructure practices and has a reputation for practical, cost-effective commercial advice.
Our oil and gas team advise global corporates, financial institutions and governments operating in the sector on their most important and ground-breaking transactions. Our team is ranked Tier 1 by the most influential independent legal directories and is fully integrated with our disputes, tax, finance, competition, IP, IT, employment and pensions teams.
An opportunity exists for a suitable candidate to join our oil and gas team advising clients predominantly on mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, joint ventures and project development.
The team handle transactions with both domestic and international content including large, multi-jurisdictional deals and assist with structuring transactions to accommodate different international regulatory requirements.
The team is ambitious to build on the extremely successful practice that already exists by adding team members with the same passion and drive for the industry as them.
Job overviewWe are looking for a junior level qualified lawyer with experience in M&A in the oil and gas sector that is keen to focus on M&A in the oil and gas and broader energy and infrastructure sectors
Typical transaction responsibilities will include:
- negotiating sale and purchase agreements (asset and share) and ancillary transaction documentation;
- advising on joint venture and high value commercial agreements;
- assisting and supervising due diligence exercises; and
- playing a leading role in transaction management for regional and international oil and gas mergers and acquisitions and projects.
Essential skills and experience
- Post qualification experience in corporate projects and M&A with a reputable international law firm.
- Experience advising international clients within the upstream oil and gas sector.
- Good organisational skills and experience in transaction management.
- Excellent academic track record.
- Enthusiasm for intellectually challenging work.
- An enthusiastic team-player who can work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels.
- Willingness to learn new skills and expand technical knowledge beyond core transactional skills.
- Excellence in attention to detail, identifying inconsistencies that indicate problems with quality of work or misunderstanding of client's needs.
- Foreign language skills are preferred but not essential.
Opening Date Monday 5 November 2018
Closing Date Monday 3 December 2018 Additional DocumentsJob Description Download London
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships we offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. Our 400 partners and further 1,000 lawyers work across 10 different time zones, responding to our clients wherever and whenever they need u
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1822
Broadwalk House, 5 Appold St, London EC2A 2HA, UK