- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 07 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 15 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
We are recruiting for aMerchandiser Administrative Assistantto assist in maximising the profitability of ZSL, within the Buying and Merchandising function through effective stock management and controlof product intake. The successful candidate will assist the Junior Merchandisers and contribute to the overall forecasting, analysis and delivery of a profitable and commercial range from the supply base to store, that maximises every sales opportunity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the Delivery Schedule highlighting delivery issues as needed.
- Raise purchase orders and ensure that all orders are correctly maintained on the system.
- With the Junior Merchandisers, efficiently allocates stock to stores, reviewing store packages and IAQs, to ensure optimums are set correctly across all channels.
- Work closely with the store and the Operations teams to collaborate on optimising products in store, responding promptly to store queries.
- Work with the warehouse team and supply base to resolve any delivery issues.
- Ensure weekly replenishment is in line with forecast and trade actions.
- Undertake regular store visits and implements follow up action plans with BAA.
- Produce accurate and comprehensive weekly trade report, end of season and ad-hoc analysis.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent qualification or work experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with numeracy and IT skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- A keen eye for detail with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Flexible and organised approach to workload.
- Adaptable and calm under pressure.
- Able to work independently and part of a team.
- Excellent work ethos to timekeeping.
- Full clean driving license as travel to both Whipsnade and London sites is a key part of the role.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25 November 2018
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Founded in 1826, the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is an international scientific, conservation and educational charity whose mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats.
Our mission is realised through our groundbreaking science, our active conservation projects in more than 50 countr
- Science & Research, Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1826