You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Industrial Placement Programme offers you a paid opportunity to develop your current skillset in an innovative and practical environment that can lead to a place on our award winning Graduate programme.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented individuals who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
The 6 month – 1 year Industrial Placement Graduate Programme
We have created a programme across our UK site that not only increases your technical skills but gives you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible.
Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergraduate years and hopefully offer you a place on our 2 year Graduate Development programme at an appropriate time. At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Coordinate the introduction of new business applications covering all appropriate aspects of the 'project lifecycle' including; business requirements capture, solutioning, application development and all aspects of solution deployment including training, process definition, communications and early life support etc.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Provide day-to-day support to 'existing' business applications, typically covering;
- Maintenance of SLA, System Availability, Capacity Management and Performance KPI's
- Troubleshooting, and resolution of reported incidents and problems
- RCA, definition and implementation of corrective action
- Working closely with application development teams and vendors to tune and troubleshoot applications
- Collaboration with hardware, OS and DBA technical teams to ensure proper integration of the environment
- Planning and coordination of all 'change' requirements (upgrades, patching, break-fix etc) ensuring the application will operate correctly in both current and future environments
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Candidates are expected to be in further education in a related course i.e Administration and Information Technology, Business and Information Technology , Information Technology, Computer Science and have an appropriate gap in studies.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a larger team
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Be self-motivated and have an aptitude for problem solving and to drive difficult issues to a conclusion
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Previous experience of basis Windows OS administration tasks
- Previous experience in SQL commands
- Previous experience with a program language and / or scripting would be beneficial
- Knowledge of basic UNIX commands would be beneficial
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948