You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Northampton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,999.0 per year
Microbiology Industrial Placement
What does a Mircobiology industrial placement have to offer?
A microbiology placement in one of our Global Manufacturing & Supply sites will give you hands on practical application of microbial techniques. You’ll be contributing to ensuring our pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare products are manufactured to stringent quality and safety standards.
During your 12 months with us, you’ll gain experience in areas such as:
- The use and interpretation of data from one or more of the following microbiological techniques / tests: aseptic techniques, identification of microbial isolates, environmental monitoring, endotoxin testing, water monitoring, bioburden monitoring, organism identification, sterility testing
- Validation of microbial testing methods for tablet or inhaled pharmaceutical products
- Technical report writing skills
- Leading laboratory investigations
- Adopting good laboratory practice
- Key laboratory techniques such as preparing sample and standard solutions
- Calibration and maintenance of equipment
Whichever role you go into you will be applying the skills you already have and developing new skills such as; team working, problem solving and building relationships.
You will work with and learn from an experienced team of analysts and technicians; they will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
We’re looking for well-organised, patient-focused students who are passionate about our products.
Please note: some roles at the Worthing site will involve exposure to penicillin.
One of the world’s leading healthcare companies, GSK discovers, develops, manufactures and distributes life-saving vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer health products such as Maxinutrition, Sensodyne, Aquafresh and Panadol.
The size and scope of our organisation allows our people to answer some of the biggest questions facing everyone on the planet – questions about future healthcare needs and questions about building a responsive, innovative, global business to meet them – as well as questions about their own personal and professional growth.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Go Abroad China
Go Abroad China is a comprehensive, affordable, service-oriented study abroad organization founded on the precepts that the best way to learn Chinese language and culture is through immersion in a Chinese environment and that coming to China should be fun and exciting. GAC takes the uncertainty and difficulty out of coming to China.
- Academia & Education
- Beijing, China
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2003