You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Swindon, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 28 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 36,000.0 per year
GBP 36,000 pro rataIMPACT Substance Misuse Service - Swindon & Wiltshire
At Turning Point, we support people across the UK with substance misuse issues. As a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist, you will make a significant contribution to improving and maintaining the quality of our psycho-social and psychological interventions with the people we work with. Taking an evidence-based approach and working within a national team of Clinical and Counselling Psychologists, this role will give you the opportunity to bring your knowledge and skills to a treatment population which is changing and evolving.
As a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist, you will work across three main treatment hubs: Swindon, Salisbury and Trowbridge. You will ensure that psychosocial interventions are delivered to the highest standards, while continuing to develop the service for users in outreach facilities. You will also have the opportunity to work with a small caseload of service users with co-existing substance misuse and mental health problems. Other responsibilities include case consultation, clinical supervision audit, research, strengthening multi-agency pathways and innovative service developments for substance misuse. We welcome trainees from local CBT training institutions and the post holder will provide supervision for these trainees.
In a role with an emphasis on supervising others' work, your ability to build relationships with professionals from many different fields will be fundamental. Whether you're training staff or liaising with operations and prison staff, your people skills will need to be first-rate. An experienced Clinical/Counselling Psychologist who has worked in adult mental health, you'll have worked with people with substance misuse issues - everyone from adolescents to hard-to-reach groups, ideally within a community setting.
Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our care - and our people. So, if you're ambitious and focused on helping people with substance misuse issues, join us as a Clinical/Counselling Psychologist and help us make a real difference to our communities.
Benefits of Turning Point:
- ‘My Turning Point’ bespoke Reward Discount Scheme sharing a range of online range of offers and discounts including shopping vouchers, discounts on gas and electric bills, gym scheme discounts, up to 55% off the cost of cinema tickets and much more!!
- You may also benefit from our Childcare Voucher scheme, our bike to work scheme, season ticket loans and much more!
- Receive a £200 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they’re employed
- Inspired by Possibility Employee of the Year scheme – in recognition of your excellence
- Life assurance scheme for all team members and enhanced contributory Pension scheme
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice – also available to family members.
- Online Right Steps Health & Wellbeing Support package to all our team members. Information and evidence based support you can trust about low mood and anxiety, drugs and alcohol, healthy eating, stress at work and physical activity
- Competitive rates of pay with annual Pay Reviews
- Annual Holiday allowance – Buy and sell annual leave options to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working patterns to support work/home life balance
- Excellent training opportunities leading to career development – ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop. We provide a thorough induction and training program when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals, we’ll help you develop and progress your career.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Swindon, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948