You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Deeside, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 01 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The Healthcare ML team has an exciting opportunity for a creative and insightful Design intern to work with a multi-disciplinary team of researchers exploring the use of machine learning to solve real world healthcare challenges. Working with machine learning experts, social scientists and designers, the intern will apply design thinking and user-centred design approaches to identify key problems and design insights in healthcare contexts. Building on this the intern will also create the user experiences to machine learning systems that will transform healthcare pathways and improve health outcomes.
There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested please apply as soon as possible.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team on real-world health
- Apply the design process to a defined healthcare problem
- Synthesize research to generate insights for ideation
- Develop design concepts (possibly by facilitating group workshops)
- Develop UX prototypes (both low and high fidelity)
- Test UX with real people
· Be enrolled in a Masters degree or higher in Design (Interaction, Graphic or Product)
· Have a portfolio of design work that demonstrates their capabilities across the entire design process
· Experience with sketching and prototyping tools
· Industry or healthcare experience is a plus
· Have proven skills in collaborative work
· Good spoken and written English
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We offer a competitive salary.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
In the UK, we share Microsoft’s global vision to empower every person and organisation to achieve more; but we also pursue a wide range of initiatives with particular resonance and relevance to the UK economy and culture.
From working responsibly and sustainably to ensuring that the technology we create makes life better - not just for
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- Reading, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1975