You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare products. These help millions of people around the world do more, feel better and live longer.Our commercial success depends on creating innovative products and making these accessible to as many people who need them as possible. By achieving this, we will be able to grow our business and provide benefits to patients, consumers, society, our employees and our shareholders. We have a significant global commercial presence in more than 150 markets, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Is the Future Leader Programme for you?
Not only do we want to find the right candidate, we want you to choose a scheme that’s right for you. Our Future Leaders Programmes are for those who aspire to be leaders, inspire others and relish some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. We believe in focusing on the patient and conducting our business with integrity, transparency and respect for everyone we work with.
Our Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) programmes are three years long and usually have 3 rotations. This is to enhance the development of your skills through having a breadth and depth of our business.
We invest heavily in your personal development to prepare you for a career as a leader through regular discussions with your line manager and support from a wide network of colleagues, but you are still the driver of your development. You will also have continuous training where 70% is on-the-job, 20% is through developmental relationships and 10% is through formal training and educational courses.
What to expect on the Electrical Engineering Future Leader Programme:
Engineering is about developing leading-edge, robust and cost-effective manufacturing technologies that make treatments to save lives. Our talented teams include chemical, electrical, mechanical, biopharmaceutical, sterile and automation engineers. They ensure we have the latest technology and processes to deliver four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products a year.
GSK offers a range of opportunities leading to successful engineering careers. This career path focuses our resources on training highly motivated and capable engineering graduates who want to improve their technical skills while gaining valuable leadership training in the pharmaceutical industry.
This three-year career pathway involves three rotations across our manufacturing network to give you depth & breadth of experience within different roles and working environments to become a successful future leader at GSK.Throughout the programme you’ll have numerous opportunities to meet and network with other graduates and key business stakeholders. You will receive a personal development budget to use for technical and personal development in addition to core training and development required for the role.
When you join one of our Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) programmes, you will become part of a huge, global network that supplies four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products a year. You’ll undertake business-critical roles within Pharmaceutical or Consumer Healthcare supply.
Typically, around 95% of the people joining the GMS program continue to work in GSK one year after finishing the program. Here they are working to ensure GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
A day in the life of an Electrical Engineering Future Leader:
- You will be expected to work with high voltage systems.
- You will work with mission critical power supplies to ensure our patients receive their medicine when they need it.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of electrical equipment.
- As a result of the training and support given you will be aiding and leading electrical project work from design through to project implementation.
- You will be providing solutions for day-to-day issues and breakdowns.
- You’ll have involvement in energy-reduction and cost-reduction initiatives.
- You will develop your skills in an industry that is making radical changes to the way it develops and manufactures products.
- You’ll participate in projects and prioritise tasks effectively.
- You’ll analyse information and report your findings.
- You will have the opportunity to build an understanding of the state-of-the-art technologies we use.
You will have:
- The ability to work well with others and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry.
- A self-motivated, proactive approach.
- Technical strength: an analytical mind and processes driven.
- Ability to adapt to change and keep focused under pressure.
- Flexibility to be based across any of our UK manufacturing sites.
- You must also have or expect to obtain in 2018 a minimum of 2:1 in an IET accredited Engineering degree – this must have ‘Electrical’ in the title.
Please note that candidates need to be available to attend a 2-day assessment centre in London, UK late 2018.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830