You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
To assist in the Project Management of set tasks and small projects achieving the successful delivery of a solution that is compliant with Customer, Contractual and Legislative requirements. Take responsibility for the effective planning and management of team performance and project schedule, cost and quality for allocated work packages.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Co-oordinating the activities of the Integrated Project Team (IPT) by establishing appropriate communication mechanisms, including meetings and reporting requirements.
- Establish clear success criteria/ objectives for each member of the IPT and for the IPT as a whole, identify and manage the dependencies between IPT members.
- Establish the tailored Lifecycle Management framework (Project Plans and Cost/Control Accounts) that governs the operation of the IPT
- Manage the planning, allocation and deployment of team members and workload.
- Ensuring the IPT is reviewed and adjusted in accordance with the changing needs of the Project.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and the achievement of the Project's economic-financial objectives, ensuring maximum value creation throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project within the contractual constraints/commitments agreed with the Customer.
- Monitoring and Control of all activities and costs, defining and implementing corrective (or "recovery") actions required to tackle any deviations from the planned activities.
- Manage and report the IPT's activities, including representation of the IPT at contract status reviews.
- Organise and coordinate internal Phase Reviews, Customer reviews and supplier reviews and manage all resultant actions to closure.
- Conduct effective Risk and Opportunity Management, ensuring that all risks and opportunities are recorded, managed and tracked to closure. Where mitigation activities are required, ensure that adequate support is provided to ensure they are undertaken.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with Suppliers throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project
- Establish and maintain Internal/ external Customer Satisfaction by developing and maintaining relationships with the Customer community throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project.
- Establish an effective partnership between the Project and the Functions.
- Flag all issues/ areas for support in a timely manor.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally
- Pro-active and results driven with a "can do" attitude
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free parking
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948