You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 19 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,999.0 per year
Corporate IT Placement
We have an exciting Technology opportunity available, suitable for an undergraduate student looking for a 12 months placement opportunity as part of a degree, starting in July 2019. The Intern reports to the Vice President of IT and will get to support the Area Field Technology teams deliver Hilton’s technology proposition to our hotel portfolio in EMEA. By keeping our business stakeholders aware of key initiatives, ensuring our customer facing content and best practices activities are shared area wide. Manage selected new projects that drive commercial value across the region. The intern will have the opportunity to learn on the job, and gain practical understanding of hospitality technology, business processes and communication, stakeholder management, as well as enhance organisational and time management skills.
What will I be doing?
You would be a member of the EMEA IT executive team reporting directly to the VP IT EMEA, responsible for managing our field communication program to key internal and external stakeholders such as creating, coordinating and disseminating messages, key announcements, information about new initiatives and projects as well as other administrative tasks. This role also includes completing a number of “sprint” projects that will require exposure to hotel operations, research and creative thought to complete. The projects would be depend on the successful candidates skill set but would be similar to these:
- Determine the effect Cloud Computing has on the lodging business and determine what strategies are required to best embrace this technology change.
- Review the current IT support models in EMEA and create a working blue print to optimise and standardize for the future.
- Quantify the learnings from the Focused Service IT business model and determine what aspects can be ported over to the full-service business.
General Information about the Corporate Intern Programme
As an Intern in our Corporate Office in Watford, you will participate in the Corporate Internship Programme for the duration of your placement with the Company. This will include the below:
- A Welcome Day lasting half a day prior to starting where you will have the opportunity to meet all of the other Interns who will be joining Hilton as well as hearing from some of our current Interns on their Hilton experience.
- A first day induction to welcome you and give you an overview of the Company.
- Intern meetings once a month. These will include a mixture of presentations from business leaders and other guest speakers, training sessions to learn new skills and presentations from your fellow interns.
- The opportunity to shadow up to three of your fellow interns for a day during your placement in order to get some cross exposure and learn from other parts of the business.
- The opportunity to join one of our many Mosaic sub-committees to promote company initiatives including Social, Thrive, Charity and Travel with Purpose.
What are we looking for?
This is a 12 month internship starting in July 2019, suitable for an undergraduate student having to complete a 12 months placement as part of their degree. Ideally you will be an second year undergraduate, currently working towards a bachelor’s degree. If you would like to be considered for this internship then please first ensure that you have spoken to your university to check that your degree program can support you being out on placement for 12 months for the above dates. You will then need to submit your application online and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with a response, after November 18th as soon as we have been able to review your application after position closing time. The recruitment process that follows will consist of a video interview, online testing and a face to face interview.
An undergraduate student currently working towards a Computer Science, IT, Business, Economics or other business related degree is preferred; however, we will consider applicants from other disciplines providing you are able to demonstrate a strong desire to progress a career in the hotel industry. If you are a bright, energetic student, with the determination to succeed, who is seeking an exciting challenge for your placement year, then we have an exceptional opportunity for you.
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering projects to the expected Hilton standards as well as be:
- proactive with a strong willingness to learn, prepared to work unsupervised or with minimal guidance
- strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to clearly communicate via email and PowerPoint
- good at planning, keeping records and attention to detail
- passionate about driving the right first-time approach to project development
- strong in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Above all you must have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, be proactive and resilient.
With thousands of hotels in over 106 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,150 properties with more than 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. In the nearly 100 years since our founding (1919), we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 14 world-class brands, including our flag
- Health & Social Care, Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- Watford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1919