You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 16,000.0 per year
We have an opportunity for an apprentice to join the HR team at The Soldiers' Charity, in London Westminster. You will provide support to the HR Manager and Directors of the Charity, in delivering a variety of HR tasks. The role will be split between HR and to perform general administrative and clerical duties.As part of your apprenticeship with WhiteHat, you will be working full time in an exciting workplace. Here’s a bit about the company offering this vacancy.
About ABF The Soldier's CharitySince 1944, ABF The Soldiers’ Charity (formerly the Army Benevolent Fund) has provided support to soldiers, veterans and their immediate families, for life.
Located near Victoria station and Sloane Square station, London.
- To provide administrative support to the HR function, under the guidance of the HR Manager.
- To update and maintain organisation charts, as required.
- To assist with interview panel arrangements, including assembling interview packs for panel members and arrangements for interview candidates.
- To update and maintain employee HR records and archive accordingly, both on HR files and on Cascade e-HR.
- To scan, add and file interim/annual appraisals.
- To assist with the administration of editing and publishing internal HR processes and policies.
- To assist with updating and maintaining Staff Handbook, specifically in relation to HR policy changes.
- To assist with other administrative tasks for Directors of ABF The Soldiers’ Charity.
Working hours: 9 am to 6 pm, Mon-Fri.
As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After completing your Business Administration apprenticeship you will be awarded: A level 3 Business Administration qualification equivalent to 2 A-levels
- Training will be on the 18 months, Business Administration advanced level Standard.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
1. Minimum grade C-A* (or 4-9) in five GCSE, including Maths and English (or Functional Skills level 2 in both).
2. A good knowledge of IT including all Microsoft packages.
3. Please note that applicants with the following will not be able to go on the level 3 Business Administration programme:
- BTEC Extended Diploma.
- BTEC Double Diploma.
- BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
Skills and soft skills required
- Experience in the use of databases i.e. retrieval, interpretation and actioning of data/correspondence (desirable).
- Previous work experience.
- Good IT knowledge, including MS Outlook, Word and Excel and electronic filing systems.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills including an excellent telephone manner.
- Adapting and responding to change – demonstrating flexibility in adapting to changing circumstances, accepting new ideas.
- Planning and Organising – managing time effectively, meeting deadlines and prioritising workload.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Following Instructions and Procedures – appropriately follows instructions, procedures and policies.
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks – works productively in a pressured environment and keeps emotions under control during difficult situations.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our apprentices on their journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
We’re WhiteHat, a tech startup democratising access to the best careers. We match non-graduate talent with apprenticeship opportunities at some of the UK's most exciting companies. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers, through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships tha
- Technology & IT, Academia & Education, Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2016
119 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London, UK