- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 15 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 19 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Market Associate Placement
Start date: January/February 2019
What you'll do
This role is the foundation of the Market Management team’s responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia Groups brands global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip. We want to ensure our hotel partners can reach Expedia's unique breadth of global traveller demand.
As an Intern you will complete daily calls to help our current and prospective hotel partners achieve this. You will consistently demonstrate data specific to their market available in Expedient, Expedia's proprietary market insights and activity prioritization dashboard. In addition to supporting hotel partners, you will also support team project work, such as Product reviews and promotions.
By providing and analysing data specific to their market, Market Associate Interns will work closely with hotel partners to:
- Optimize content, rate and availability competitiveness on the Expedia sites to increase customer conversion
- Educate hotel partners on the self-service features available on Expedia Partner Central
- Secure additional lodging rates and availability information over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs
- Secure promotional offers to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts
- Support Expedia's business development efforts through smooth on-boarding of new hotel partners
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, compassion in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, motivated, willing to take action, results-focused and analytical approach
- Organization and time management skills, attention to details
- Persistence when facing challenging situations
- Appetite for innovative technology in a fast-changing business environment
- Genuine relationship builder; builds solid partnerships based on mutual support
- Multi-task effectively; able to change gears and focus quickly
- Strives to generates new ideas; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through various communication channels
- Able to work independently as well as be a real teammate
- Ability to work based on a variety of important metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- Performance to be evaluated and measured based on critical metrics set by LPS leadership team
- Relationship Management: Establishes and builds healthy working relationships with partners and colleagues.
- Solution Alignment: Demonstrates sufficient understanding of products, services and the market for the purpose of facilitating favorable arrangements for customers, hotel partners and Expedia.
- Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing skills: Conveys, receives, and interprets ideas and information, presents information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences, and influences partner decisions.
- Build & Maintain Teams: Supports Market Management teams in learning and improving effectiveness to actively contribute to improvements in overall individual, team and organizational performance.
- Drive for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.comTM, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At Expedia we are revolutionising travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travellers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries.
What does this mean to you?
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1994