- Feltham, UK
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 9,818.0 per year
Marjory Kinnon School is a popular all age special school for children aged 4-16 years with learning and communication difficulties, including pupils with autistic spectrum disorders. Ofsted has judged the school as ‘good’ with elements of ‘outstanding’. We are based in the London Borough of Hounslow and have good transport links with Hatton Cross tube station and Feltham Station close by. We are looking for a number of apprentices who share our passion for learning, have a philosophy that all pupils deserve the best and are committed to giving their best. This is an exciting time to be join our happy, friendly and supportive team of professionals as we undergo a period of growth and development in our new purpose built building.
As an apprentice you would work across our school as a Teaching Assistant and provide support for classes and subject areas. We have vacancies in the following areas:
- Food Tech Apprentice (Secondary role)
- PPA Support Teaching Assistant (Across both Primary and Secondary)
- Primary/ Secondary in class Teaching Assistant Apprentice
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the teacher in the delivery of the curriculum, working collaboratively to secure the best outcomes for all pupils.
- Have patience and persistence in supporting our pupils to develop their independence.
- Have a creative and inspirational approach to inspire and develop our pupils to achieve their full potential.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills.
In return we can offer:
- A well-resourced and enjoyable working environment.
- A school that not only invests in our pupils, but also our staff by providing a range of tailored and bespoke CPD opportunities.
- A supportive leadership team who welcome fresh ideas.
- Excellent transport links with Hatton Cross Station and Feltham Station close
- Training provided by West Thames College.
Marjory Kinnon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to DBS checks.
If shortlisted, you will be required to spend one full day in our school. The assessment day will be multi-faceted and will include class based activities as well as an interview and written tasks. Full details will be sent out with interview letters.
Advert Closing Date: 1st October 2018
Interviews will be held after shortlisting.
Ideal Start Date: Monday 29th October 2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.