You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 28 Sep, 2018
- Start date: 01 Jul, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,500.0 per year
Job DescriptionHere at PepsiCo, we have a 12 month industrial manufacturing placement opportunity in our Supply Chain team based at our Walkers manufacturing site in Coventry.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos and Naked Juice, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
The site in Coventry has been established since 1994 and has been the home of Doritos, a key snack brand at Coventry for nearly 25 years. Alongside this, Coventry manufacture other snacks unique to the site such as French fries/Squares/Sunbites, manufacturing on average a whopping 1000kg of finished product each week.
The site has had continues investment over the years and continues to invest and grow some of the nation’s favourite snacks. The continuous improvement philosophy is an important part of manufacturing at Coventry, and the site is currently on a lean development journey. This means you’ll gain critical experience within this highly transferable manufacturing methodology.
From billion dollar global brands such as Doritos, Pepsi Max, Quaker and Tropicana, to the UK Nation's favourite crisp, Walkers, these brands are what makes us uniquely PepsiCo. Our 5,000 employees in the UK are the reason for our success. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people. Undergraduate placement students have an important part to play in our future and we provide a perfect environment for individuals to develop, whilst feeling valued and having fun.
You’ll have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to our business and in return you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment.
You will work closely with key leaders in our business, learning from their skills and experience. Your mentor will also be an invaluable part of supporting you through your placement. You’ll leave with a broad perspective of PepsiCo as a business and a more in-depth knowledge of the role Manufacturing plays within the FMCG sector.
What you’ll get up to:
- Leading process improvement teams to understand the root cause of poor performance and implementing initiatives.
- Support the development and deployment of both productivity and capital investment programs, which may include state of the art automation equipment.
- You’ll be given real-life objectives to work on and will be expected to make a noticeable contribution to your department.
- Undergraduate student, following path to a degree level qualification in Manufacturing Engineering (or similar) or a Science based degree.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Creative and can think of new and innovative ways to develop systems and make existing things work more efficiently.
- Sharp problem solving skills and knowledge of standard tools.
- Passion for Manufacturing and staying on top of industry developments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Supportive team player with an accurate, methodical and reliable approach.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
What else do you need to know?This 12 month placement starts in July 2019, with a salary of £17,500
We have a range of flexible benefits to offer you, from a competitive pension scheme, to mobile phone discounts - there’s something for everyone!
Application Closing Date – 28th OctoberOur application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A portfolio of 22 brands, across 200 countries, and with net revenues of more than $65 billion; at PepsiCo, we’re always bubbling with new ideas and getting our teeth deep into data, on a mission that goes far beyond creating nutritious and delicious snacks. Together, we’re leading the global food and beverage market by pairing performance wi
- Consumer goods
- Leicester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1898