You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Farnborough, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Here at Fluor Limited we are now commencing our 2019 Graduate recruitment process and are currently seeking Graduate Civil and Structural Engineers to join our Headquarters in Farnborough, Hampshire.
Fluor Limited is the UK operating arm of Fluor Corporation, one of the world's largest engineering, procurement, construction and project management services companies. Our projects are primarily focussed in the EAME (Europe, Africa, Middle East) region, however the office does also provide engineering support to Fluor’s offices located around the globe.
What to expect:
Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) engineering responsibilities fall into the following general categories:
- Support to project proposals and business development.
- Development of civil engineering designs.
- Development of underground services designs.
- Development of structural engineering designs.
- Development of building designs including architecture and building services.
- Support to work in fabrication and construction phases.
- Management and organisation of project activities.
During the early part of your Graduate career you will mainly be involved with development of CSA designs and supporting Fluor’s engineering projects.
The main activities in this area are:
- Developing the specifications, standards and design criteria for projects.
- Developing conceptual, front end and detailed engineering designs.
- Developing earthworks and site preparation design.
- Underground gravity drainage network design and underground services coordination.
- Roads and paving design.
- Design of foundations including piling and ground improvement.
- Design of concrete structures and water retaining structures.
- Structural analysis including FE analysis, seismic design and vibration analysis.
- Design of steel structures including modular structures.
- Design of building structures.
- Writing scopes of work for projects, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Site experience including supervision and engineering support.
- Use of 2D and 3D modelling tools and other engineering software applications.
If you have a minimum 2:1 MEng/MSc Master Degree or equivalent in Civil and Structural Engineering, then this could be an excellent opportunity to apply your degree in the Civil, Structural and Architectural department of a leading EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) services contractor.
The work during the 4 year training program is designed to meet the requirements of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) in order to prepare the Graduate to achieve ICE membership and Chartered Engineer status in around 5 years. The work will be primarily in civil and structural engineering design activities as described above while located in our office in Farnborough, with site assignments and opportunities included to meet the Institution’s training objectives. There may be opportunities for travel on business trips and short assignments during the training period.
Fluor is dedicated to the development of their graduate engineers in their chosen profession to chartered status and provides excellent training and on the job opportunities. Throughout your career Fluor actively encourages both professional and personal development through a career development programme, in-house training, Fluor University, specialist development courses and mentoring. Fluor has developed an industry recognised Knowledge Management system in "Knowledge OnLine®" which provides access to our global expertise and through "OneFluorSM" we have an established platform for personal interaction and collaboration with other members of Fluor worldwide.
Fluor employs in excess of 1000 civil/structural engineers globally, and many other engineers in other disciplines. These engineers are all networked through the use of unique knowledge management tools allowing for collaboration globally and significant career development in terms of access to vast knowledge and experience.
Fluor is a global engineering and construction company, employing over 56,000 people globally, serving more than 4000 clients in over 100 countries. From our Farnborough office we undertake projects in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemicals, Mining, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Transportation, Telecommunications, Power, Nuclear and Government sectors. These projects are constructed in the UK, Kazakhstan, South Africa, Guinea and Saudi Arabia.
We are involved in a wide range of projects including studies, conceptual design, front-end engineering design and full engineering, procurement and construction contracts. Our clients include major oil and gas companies, national oil companies, national governments, private investors and industrial companies. The range of experience our employees gain is vast, not only in engineering, but in project management, procurement, construction, commercial and legal aspects of the business.
Fluor has major offices and job sites in many worldwide locations providing opportunities for staff to gain invaluable global business and personal experience via short or long-term project and office assignments. Some of our project sites are located in harsh environments and remote locations which require different skill sets and expertise and where logistics are a key factor in project success. Such projects provide special challenges, but also great satisfaction and reward.
- Competitive starting salary.
- 9 day fortnight (every other Friday you have a 3 day weekend!).
- Company Pension.
- Subsidised Restaurant.
- Subsidised social activities.
- Graduates Advancing to Professionalism (GAP – a company funded social and professional group, run by graduates for graduates).
Fluor’s Farnborough campus is a state-of-the-art complex situated close to two rail way stations. Our campus accommodates around 1,800 people and includes undercover parking, landscaped grounds with outdoor seating areas, a central coffee shop, subsidised restaurant and good access to local shopping and transportation networks. A shuttle bus service operates between the local stations and is also available at lunchtimes for trips to local shopping centres.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Fluor is a global Fortune 500 firm that designs and builds some of the world's most complex projects. The 100+-old company delivers engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, maintenance and project management services worldwide, serving clients in the energy, chemicals, government, industrial, infrastructure, mining and power marke
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- Farnborough, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1912
140 Pinehurst Rd, Farnborough, UK