You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 16,000.0 per year
Norris Steam Services are one of the UK’s leading suppliers of steam pressing equipment and components to the laundry and dry cleaning trade and fashion industries. We're looking to recruit a new Supervisor to assist in administrative duties.As part of your apprenticeship with WhiteHat, you will be working full time in an exciting workplace. Here’s a bit about the company offering this vacancy.About Norris Steam ServicesFor over 50 years Norris Steam London Ltd have been industry leaders in offering a wide range of professional and commercial pressing machinery and clothes steamers. Norris Steam Services (London) Ltd have grown into a company with an enviable reputation known within the fashion industry throughout the world. A Norris Steam iron has worked on every Royal wedding dress since Lady Diana married Prince Charles.
Located near: Cambridge Heath station, London.
your responsibilities will include:
- Packaging and preparation of goods for distribution.
- Assist clients in-store and by telephone when required for assistance, sales and enquiries.
- Keeping regular stock checks for reordering of goods.
- To be familiar with Sage accounting software to create invoices, statements and keep check of clients’ accounts.
- Processing weekly expenses and petty cash.
- Account maintenance and credit control.
- Scanning, filing, administrating documentation.
- Opening and distribution of post.
- Issuing business customer documents.
Working Mondays to Fridays, 8:15 am - 5 pm.
Future prospects and benefits:
A UK pension scheme and a company vehicle will be provided once training is completed and you are ready to work independently.
- After completing your Business Administration apprenticeship you will be awarded: A level 3 Business Administration qualification equivalent to 2 A-levels
Business Administration level 3.
- Training will be on the 18 months, Business Administration advanced level Standard.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
Skills and soft skills required
- Able to deal with sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication aptitude, with the confidence to liaise with staff at all levels.
- Teamwork skills to be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Excellent written English and good attention to detail, including proofreading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Able to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and very strong administrative skills.
1. Minimum grade C-A* (or 4-9) in five GCSE, including Maths and English (or Functional Skills level 2 in both).
2. A good knowledge of IT including all Microsoft packages.
3. Please note that applicants with the following will not be able to go on the level 3 Business Administration programme:
- BTEC Extended Diploma.
- BTEC Double Diploma.
- BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our apprentices on their journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
We’re WhiteHat, a tech startup democratising access to the best careers. We match non-graduate talent with apprenticeship opportunities at some of the UK's most exciting companies. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers, through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships tha
- Technology & IT, Academia & Education, Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2016
119 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London, UK