You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are always on the lookout for Trading Analyst so if you are interested please submit your application and we will contact you as soon as a role becomes available.
The trading team is an integral player in supporting the growth of the business, with its core responsibility being to manage stocks across the business to ensure that we have the right stock in the right place at the right time. Through analysing sales and stock data our team will identify opportunities and potential risks offering solutions that ultimately support the growth of the business.
The role in itself is very varied and offers the opportunity to interact with multiple teams across the business through the work we do. The team is a vital link that joins together the buying and planning function and the Retail function, from the initial distribution all the way through to the trading of stock in season.
What you'll be doing
- You will be working closely with the buying and planning teams to identify sales and stock trends to shape future buying decisions
- Oversee the allocation of stock across the UK and European region, working closely with the trading assistant to ensure that correct levels of stock are sent out based on the store grading
- Building new store ranges that are appropriate to the profile of the store and adjusting where necessary to reflect the sales patterns of the store once opened
- Managing promotional pushes and reductions across the business in line with the critical path and promotional calendar
- Grade all UK and European stores twice a year to ensure the product ranges reflect the profile and historic sales patterns of each store
- Carry out regular store visits to review allocation strategies and feedback any opportunities or concerns stores have on current stock holding
We would love to meet someone with
- An analytical mind - who can analyse a large amount of data and provide conclusions and actions to maximise sales opportunities
- An ability to build strong relationships with multiple teams across the business – communication is key
- Experience in the Retail industry, whether you have worked in a merchandising function previous or experience in store and are looking to move into the head office environment
- Strong excel skills to support efficient decision making
- The ability to manage time and workload effectively in a fast paced environment
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Holiday allowance
- 50% staff discount & 25% for family and friends
- Pension scheme (eligible after a probationary period)
At Mountain Warehouse we have been developing the very best outdoor gear for all the family since 1997.
Unlike other outdoor retailers, we don’t carry lots of different brands. In fact, almost all the products we sell through our stores and website are exclusive to Mountain Warehouse – you won’t find them anywhere else.
Why do we do this? Well, by designing our own top quality products and having them made to our exacting standards, we can cut out the middleman. So that means you get the exact same quality, but at significantly lower prices than you’ll find at other shops.
We have well located and well stocked stores where you and your family can get straightforward advice from our knowledgeable, friendly staff. In most of our stores you can even bring your dog in too! Everything we do is focused on serving our growing group of customers who like what we have to offer: the best gear, the best service and the best prices.
We would love it if you joined them.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Mountain Warehouse
Established in 1997, Mountain Warehouse has grown rapidly to become the largest Outdoor Retailer in the UK, with 270+ stores worldwide and strong online sales both in the UK and Internationally.
Unlike other outdoor retailers, we don’t carry lots of different brands. In fact, almost all the products we sell through our stores and websit
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1997
5 Eccleston St, Belgravia, London, UK