You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Cambridge, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you like the variety of working in a design agency, and relish getting stuck into complex problems?
For the past 3 years, Cambridge Consultants (CC) has been building a service and UX capability to help our clients embrace the Internet of Things. A few successful projects later, we need you to grow and strengthen the team.
Are you up for the challenge? Contact us, we’ll be happy to talk to you about the details.
We are looking for UX designers who will work with our current designers alongside front-end developers and complement our newly created Internet & Service Software department.
The problems we solve are interesting, complex and a constant source of learning for a curious mind.
Here are some examples of what we’ve worked on over the past 2 years:
- Smart heating system
- Software for interpreting antenna measurement information
- Improved the Employee Experience for new starters
Whether it’s an internal or client-facing project, you’ll demonstrate a natural ability to inspire and lead the design, motivate development teams and create great designs.
Typically, as a designer, you will:
- Research (stakeholders’ interviews, user tests, ideation workshops, journey mapping, etc)
- Design (wireframing, interaction design, data visualisations, etc.)
- Test usability (create plans and run usability tests)
Are you more experienced? As a lead designer you might also:
- Think strategically, and support projects that develop the team’s vision
- Create relationships with our business developers and project managers and present our portfolio to clients
- Help with the creation of project plans and statements of work, choosing the right methods and tools given budget and time constraints.
- Facilitate workshops, user tests, design tasks, defining requirements, and more
- Support and mentor more junior staff, help with recruiting new colleagues
- A degree in HCI, Design or other relevant experience in the field
- Good knowledge of user-centred design methods and tools
- Passion for elegant and intuitive interfaces - reframe problems to uncover simple design solutions
We’ll need to see a portfolio showing your work processes (i.e. not only the end results) - please submit with your application.
Why Cambridge Consultants?
Cambridge Consultants creates exciting and novel breakthroughs in technology and products. We help our clients achieve the kind of game-changing leap forward that will transform their whole business.
At the heart of what we do are talented and motivated multi-disciplinary teams empowered to create cutting edge technologies and systems to solve difficult problems for our clients.
We recognise and celebrate individual talent and we understand the importance of letting individuals be just that. Our people are here to do the best work of their lives and our job is to provide the platform for them to do it. That means letting people pursue the projects that interest them and develop their career in whatever direction they choose.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Cambridge Consultants
For 50 years, Cambridge Consultants has led the way in innovative product development. We are the development partner of choice to many of the world’s leading blue chips as well as the virtual development team for ambitious start up companies.
With offices in Cambridge (UK), Boston (USA) and Singapore we specialise in developing exception
- Technology & IT, Art & Design
- in Cambridge, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in
Science Park, Milton Rd, Milton, Cambridge CB4 0DW, UK